“Very intimate setting”

Legends of the Pacific Luau
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Liked how close we were to the actors. We've done the big luaus on other islands, and this was not the "industrial" luau. Nice show, good food, and you are close enough to feel the heat from the fire.

1  Thank wbcooksey
There are newer reviews for Legends of the Pacific Luau

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We got it free with our room. We had to buy one so we could bring an extra person.
We had a party of five. We got the upgrade for $26. The food was okay. The server seem lost and confused. She only took drink order after we asks. The fire dancer was very good. Our son in law said if we had to pay full price it would not be worth it. We thought the drinks were very week.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I attended this same Luau 5 years ago in 2008 for our Honeymoon and we just sat at the buffet tables but were still pleased and had plenty to eat. This time we decided to get the Alii seating for 26 dollars more which included all you could drink and your table being serviced instead of having to wait and then do the buffet line. Our staff serving us was amazing and explained what everything was right down to the pineapple! Also they were consistently on top of making sure you had a fresh drink at all times except through about the first 30 - 40 minutes of the actual show. Then they were back on top of making sure you had drinks right up until the last minute.
Even though this has been our only Luau so far, we were completely stuffed and had more than enough food and desserts and highly recommend upgrading to the Alii seating since it was much more enjoyable to have your own personal servers. Our tickets said we had expedited seating however but really didn't see any expediting in it but they do show you to your table and make sure you either get a drink on the way or order one immediately.
The show was pretty enjoyable and especially the host which had been working there I guess for 25 years. They involve the crowd especially those that are honeymooners and have been married for 30 + years. Of course the real highlight is when they get some hilarious regular guy folk up there trying to dance/hula lol.
The only reason why I did not give it 5 stars is because I have nothing to compare it too but I think it had improved from even 5 years ago and love the fire dancers. You also get a pretty reasonable package of pictures they take with a lei on the way in (reasonable for Waikoloa village). For 42 dollars we got a cute package although it did not include an 8x10 like years ago it was a little smaller and I am not sure if you can get online and order reprints like I think you could before to. (I could be wrong on that).

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice food presentation, and well attempted entertainment. Sound system lousy and pricey show does not compare to Maui's benchmark for all luaus. Be prepared to tap your piggy bank and go if only luau you'll ever attend.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

this is an awesome luau! All the things that a luau have to offer.... Great food, good entertainment, lots of friendly people. We had a great time!