“Twice in one trip”

Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went to Lava twice during a single trip - One dinner and one Sunday brunch. Dinner - the place is hopping but crowded. We ordered appetizers and the main meal came almost at the same time. Food was great but felt like there were off island time and in a rush. Brunch much better - laid back - same good food and a view to die for.

Nick R, Director of Sales at Lava Lava Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Aloha! Were glad you enjoyed your time with us! Accept my apologies for your dinner coming out so fast, we will look into the timing. Thank you for coming back to enjoy brunch, that's one of my favorites here! A hui ho!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,566)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you happen to be in Waikoloa and need a place to hang out, Lava Lava is the place to go. It's on a beautiful beach with comfortable outdoor couches around tables to eat at. I had a great burger, my daughter loved her kalua pork sandwich and my wife had a delicious bowl with rice, a grilled patty, mushroom gravy and a fried egg (some Hawaiian name that eludes me). I could sit there forever, drink beer and watch the water. Others told me the dinners are great too. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 11 August 2014

One of our most favorite places on the Big Island. Literally on the beach, though not sure how you snag a beach table. We sat on the patio behind it. Sunset view is amazing. Lively bar scene, but it competed with the laid-back guitar player and hula dancer on the beach. Food was very good. Very informal, fun.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Right on the water, lots of action and partying going on. Beautiful view of the subside. Reasonably priced, a rarity in Hawaii. Food was good, nothing extraordinary. Casual, comfortable environment.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were recommended to the Lava Lava Beach Club by our concierge at our hotel because I was wanted some Ahi Poke! It did not disappoint! I had the Ahi Poke for appetizer which was melt in your mouth delicious! I also had the Lychee-Hoo cocktail! My husband had the Caesar salad which had crispy cheese tweels! Our entrees were just as good! The ribs were fall off the bone and my ahi entree was cooked to perfection! We were too stuffed to have desert but they looked awesome. The place is a casual beach setting and they have fire pits on the beach with live entertainment! Just an all around great place!