“Great Stop for an Outdoor Lunch!”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Pizza, Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Twin Falls
“Great Stop for an Outdoor Lunch!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The food was fabulous & so was the service. They had a great coffee shop too! The prices were very reasonable too! It was just down the road from our hotel in Waikoloa, so we ended up eating there a second time because it was so good!

Visited March 2014

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“STILL TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Love the coffee, food is good but the service since it opened still sucks the big wazoo!! Unbelievable how long one can stand in front of the staff and not be acknowledged. I've never come across such incompetence and rudeness. I'm sure the owners must read the reviews and still must not care. I give Lava Java chance after chance and they blow it every time. The kona location is a complete 180 compared to this place. And, I agree with the review about doing the rountrip if you're going to eat lunch or dinner. The staff in waikoloa doesn't deserve the tips!

1 Thank golfparadise
Vero Beach, Florida
“Island Lava Java - Two Very Different Restaurants”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Island Lava Java in Kailua-Kona so I felt pretty confident I would have the same experience at their restaurant in Wiakoloa. Boy was I wrong. Wiakoloa was a pale shadow of the other. First, I wasn't greeted when I walked in as all the clerks were chatting behind the counter. So I went to the counter to order. The employee told me to grab a menu and sit anywhere I liked. Ok. In Kailua-Kona, they knew who was waiting for a table and in what order. They were incredibly busy, but still managed to welcome me. Second, I ordered eggs benedict in Wiakoloa. The Hollandaise sauce was colder than room temperature when it arrived. Not appealing. In Kailua-Kona, I ordered banana pancakes topped with macadamia nuts and coconut syrup. It was a work of art and every bit as delicious. Third, while it might seem like a small issue, the clerk in Wiakoloa asked me if I would mind if she handled the slice of lemon for my iced tea with her bare hands. I was puzzled why she couldn't just pick up a clean fork to fish out my lemon.

Needless to say, if you are staying in Waikoloa Beach, it's worth the extra two-hour drive there and back to the Island Lava Java in Kailua-Kona.

• Visited May 2014
Redmond, Washington
“Great burgers & coffee”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stopped into this place while we waited for the local pharmacy to fill an RX, and glad we did! Server was attentive, burgers were generous and as ordered, and prices were reasonable. Loved the iced coffee so much, I bought a big bag of their 'Motherbean' 100% Kona coffee to take home. The coffee is pricey, but the taste was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place is a bit of a drive from Waikoloa Marriott but we loved it so much we came back 3 times. I had the island style waffle twice with a side of half a papaya. Juices are made fresh to order. The apple, carrot and ginger combo was so good and refreshing. It was nice to start your day having breakfast on the patio under the trees. Just watch out for the little birds trying to get a peck of your food.

• Visited March 2014