“One of the better plate lunchs in the area”

Ippy's Hawaiian Barbeque
Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I only tried Ippy's once, but felt it was one of the better plate lunches in Waikoloa. The food appeared fresh. The quantities were good. I felt it was a bit over priced compared to L&L, but the quality was better too. One thing that I did notice on a couple visits to the Queen's Market Food Court is that many locals stop by Ippy's. I feel that is a good sign of authenticity. I would eat there again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you just want to stop for a quick bite at a food court, this is the place to go. The prawns in the salad were cooked just right, loaded with flavor (garlic and herbs), and were plentiful. The salad is huge, and full of carrots, cucumbers, lettuce varieties, etc. A perfect lunch in a busy day.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

It is located in a food court, need more be said? Got the "ribs' which we threw in the trash. ALL FAT, 2 bites of meat to be salvaged and that was it. I would of been better off handing my $13 to a random person on the street than to have thrown it away at this place.

1  Thank TheKatt
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was happy with Ippy's in March 2013 and posted a very positive review to that effect. I returned March 2014 and I'm sorry to report that the food quality has slipped. I'm hoping it was a one-time-only thing but the food was so salty I could barely eat it and I didn't go back again during my vacation to try something else. I ordered the beef teriyaki with rice and the macaroni salad side. The macaroni had tuna added to it! I don't know why this surprised me so much but it did. Totally unexpected....not bad, but not great either. This year I did not see a blackboard listing specials of the day and I liked that last year. In addition the rotisserie chickens -- still cooking while I was waiting for my order --were already way overdone. I had intended to return on another day for a chicken but decided not to bother. I'm hoping that Ippy will fix things here, he has great potential, perhaps the new restaurant at the King's Shops has taken his attention away from this one.

1  Thank connecticut_lady
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food was a bit greasy for my taste, but true to Hawaiian standards and tastes.
The prices were a bit high for the food quality and the location (it's in a food court area in a shopping center near the resort). I would recommend getting a dish and splitting it to save your wallet and your stomach from the extra grease and untrimmed fat.