“Tasty plate lunch spot.”

Ippy's Hawaiian Barbeque
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Tasty plate lunch spot.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Great plate lunch. True to the Hawaiian style. Loved the fish and chips. Ribs and shrimp were tasty as well. Only gripe is the portions were too small to share. But then again, I didnt really want to share. Specialty drinks were fun and fresh.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CH20

• Korean first
“Average services and food - Food-court style service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Average services and food - Food-court style service as expected. Nothing great. Barely passable. OK for a quick byte and go.

Visited June 2014
Sacramento, CA
“Great, easy meal”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice to have an easy, casual dinner option. Mixed plate and short ribs especially good. The macaroni salad was made with fish (tuna perhaps?) and my son went nuts for it.

Visited June 2014
San Jose, California
“About Average”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We ate here while we were checking out Queen's Marketplace. We were interested in the loco moco specifically.

PROS: It is part of a food court so if someone in your group isn't interested in Hawaiian cuisine then there are continental and Asian options available. They have brown rice available (I think it was no charge to get it) which is a healthier option if desired. The traditional loco moco (with burger patties) was good. I've heard the apple turnovers are good but we didn't try any.

CONS: The food is just average, and I think a little pricey (~$9 plate). I tried the kahlua pork loco moco and the pork was very bland. I was disappointed in the dish overall.

OVERALL: Skip the kahlua pork, go for traditional loco moco.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ieatskunk
Portland, OR
“One of the better plate lunchs in the area”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I only tried Ippy's once, but felt it was one of the better plate lunches in Waikoloa. The food appeared fresh. The quantities were good. I felt it was a bit over priced compared to L&L, but the quality was better too. One thing that I did notice on a couple visits to the Queen's Market Food Court is that many locals stop by Ippy's. I feel that is a good sign of authenticity. I would eat there again.

Visited May 2014