“Loved it!”
Review of Pueo's Osteria

Pueo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pueo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Definitely the best meal we ate in Hawaii. The food, the service and even the music played was excellent. We had 8 people with us and everyone raved about the food. I had the special which was pasta with olives and anchovies (among other things) and it was great. My husband had a wonderful salad and my kids had pizza and the antipasto board which I sampled and they were great.
The radio was on but very subtle and not loud. They were playing lots of Elton John, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac, etc and that's my favorite type of music so it made it all the better.

Waikoloa
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We are foodies, husband is a chef to say the true and we absolutely love Pueo's. it is our weekly date night, special events spot and " just because " celebrating bar. Thank you Pueo's Team and owners for such an amazing spot! We just spent hubbies 32nd bday at Pueo's, and must say it was top notch. Per Se experience is all forgotten now. Thanks Chef and Team!

1 Thank Mulita28
Atlanta, Georgia
“Really liked it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The food is very good, service is excellent and it's at a very fair price for Hawaii. Try the meatballs appetizer and the pizza.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Nice, above average”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had high expectations for Pueo's Osteria and for the most part the food was very nice but didn't hit the highs that I expected from the reviews. I would rate it as good (above average), but not quiet hitting very good.

Shared bruschetta to start with. All the elements were there however the tomato salsa was in separate bowl to the bread. I find that bruschetta really works when you allow time for the juice to penetrate the bread a little (not too long otherwise goes soggy) so spooning it on at the table rather than it coming prepared loses that time.

I had the chicken milanese which had a lovely lemon flavour, it was in many way a nice chicken schnitzel and I had expected a little more. My partner had the veal parmesan which again was nice and covered in tomato sauce with mozzarella and served with tagliolini.

Our server was lovely and very friendly. Other aspects of service experience were a little bit patchy, the hostess greeting us was disorganised when we arrived and had us standing there for a few minutes not sure what to do with us despite booking (and our table being ready).

Good bistro food that we would happliy go back for, but perhaps the pasta & pizza is better and is what generates all the rave reviews.

Westlake Village, California
“Upcountry Charmer!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Fresh, seasonal, local produce is featured here and combined into delicious dishes. Recently had dinner here and sampled the bruschetta, goat cheese pizza, and penne alla vodka. Cute dining room and attentive service. Worth the drive upcountry!

Visited July 2014