“Great view beautiful setting, expensive but not insanely priced”

Kamuela Provision Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Kamuela Provision Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was nice, our waiter reminded me of a used car salesman a bit. But he was attentive and nice. I had the NY steak, it was a damn nice piece of meat. Wife had the mahi, she was happy. Decent wine list. We both had lava flows for cocktails, expensive but really good. I would go back here again. If money was no issue, I would go again and again !!

1  Thank Bob V
There are newer reviews for Kamuela Provision Company

Reviewed 11 June 2014

KPC for short, this is a fine dining establishment in the Hilton Waikoloa Resort, Big Island, Hawaii. The resort is massive...they have a tram system and a boat service to help you navigate the grounds. It's not an extremely long walk to KPC from the lobby, but if you want some romantic ambiance even before you get to KPC, take the boat service.

Tip for those not staying at the hotel (we weren't): valet parking is complementary for dinner at KPC if you spend at least $50.00. Not to worry; there's virtually no chance you'll spend less than $50.00.

We had a waterside table with an fabulous view of the sunset. The surf, the sunset, and the setting on the beach are amazing. KPC is a very upscale fine dining establishment, and therefore you should not expect bargain prices. It is costly. But like any other fine dining restaurant, the value is found in the quality of the food, not the price. I had the filet ($47.00), and it was delicious. My wife the daily special (parmesan crusted ono fish, seasonal veggies, garlic mashed potatoes, tomatoes, and 3 grilled shrimp), for $55.00. She LOVED it. We shared the Waimea Strawberry Shortcake; I highly recommend it.

For special occasions, KPC is THE place to go on the west coast of Hawaii. Splendid food, outstanding service, and views that you won't find anywhere else in the world.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 1 June 2014

With entree prices in the $50-$60 range, there was no way my husband and I were going to be able to afford a full meal. However, we had heard that KPC was the best restaurant at the Hilton, so we decided to check it out the more reasonable way by getting drinks and a few appetizers. BIG MISTAKE. Of the 3 dishes we tried, the only one we could rate as edible was the lime ahi poke, which was still something of a disappointment, given that it didn't taste remotely of lime. The duck confit dumplings sounded amazing, but were bland and dry. The "quinoa" risotto was a goopy mess. We ended up cutting our losses after dropping $100, and then went over to Malolo's to satisfy our still hungry stomachs. Clearly, KPC has beautiful views of the ocean and sunset. If we ever go again, we will stick to beverages and plan to eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The atmosphere here is awesome. The sunsets spectacular. We went for my partner's birthday and the exec chef had spoken to them re our specific medical dietary needs. However he was served fried onions coated in breadcrumbs...he didn't eat it, waitress didn't understand. Took it away and came back some time later with a new plate and food...however hubby sick that night. Very, very expensive.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Request table outside on edge of cliff. No other view like this that I know of! Food is expensive but very good. We tried the risotto of the day and filet and maui onion salad.