“Expensive and Disappointing”

Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Visited the Big Isl over Thanksgiving and stayed at the Mauna Lani. Bar tend made a couple of suggestions for dinner and we decided to go to Roy's down the road, she said that they had sushi/sashimi which sashimi was my craving at the time and they had a martini with a Vietnamese rice based vodka that I'd like too.
Well, I could only say that she must have not been there is a long time, nothing on the menu that suggested sushi nor sashimi. We place our order for our entrees and honestly, it was mediocre to say the least, it was not even memorable to which I can actually admit. As for the fancy martini, it was nothing special and I had to ask for an extra shot of that viet vodka to add. It made no difference. We don't wince when we go out to dine and the bill is high, this place was not worth the cost nor the experience. Boring and Unimpressionable sums it.

1  Thank SiSi D
There are newer reviews for Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Server got order wrong and billed us wrong. Undue delay between service of courses. Food served lukewarm due to delays in service of courses. Overall, the restaurant staff was undertrained, uninformed about the menu and wine list, and simply not up to the task of meeting the standards I've seen at this and other Roy's locations. Food is still good, but whoever manages this location needs to wake up and get the staff up to speed.

1  Thank MovnOut
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Roy's always does a great job. When we are on the Big Island, Roy's is always one of our stops for a great meal and evening. They served a great meal once again. From the potato and leek soup, to the crab cakes to the meatloaf and the ribeye, all were delicious. This is a MUST DO dinner outing. While it is not for the faint of wallet, it is worth the price!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Roy's as it was the best one I had during eight nights in Hawaii. I recommend that you make a reservation as it was quite busy. I had the spring roll appetizer, which was delicious. The salmon main course was good, but the high point of the meal was the chocolate souffle for dessert. You have to order it 30 minutes in advance, so don't delay. The server was excellent and very helpful.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We made a reservation days before but when we showed up they didn't have it. They still seated us quickly and apologized.Our waitress was a delight.The service was friendly and impeccable.We had the canoe appetizer and loved tasting the different selections.all were delicious.The wine choices were wonderful. We both had the Butter Fish and it was cooked to perfection.Everything was so delicious we had to have dessert and it also was so good.I love a good cup of coffee and was not disappointed.Just an overall wonderful dining experience.