“One of the best Kid menu's…….”

Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our stay on the Big Island was extend (thanks to American Airlines), so we had an extra day to enjoy the great weather. After a day of living out of a suitcase (we were able to spend the night in our Condo, but renters were arriving shortly after cleaning crew came in as we left), we had enough of the pool/clubhouse. So we went walking around the King's Shop's, realized we were all fairly hungry, and decided on Roy's. We have been here multiple times before though never with our son. We were early enough so casual was ok, after 7:00 it does get much more of an elegant feel. The kids's menu is actually real food, with 2 sets of appetizers (very light quesadilla wedges and a cucumber/baby carrot combo), and my son chose the Hibachi Salmon which he loved. My wife opted for a mixed green salad as an entree, I had a great Thai Scallop entree with some sort of husked grain (I don't remember what it was but never had it before) that was perfect for a last meal without being too heavy (before 10+ hrs of flight time). Our Son's menu also included a nice (perfect size --small) cookie ice cream sandwich. Staff and service was great. My only reason for not going 5/5 is 1- Roy's is a bit pricey (I understand the location and food quality was great), 2- Normally the bar is well stocked, I happened upon the Evening in which half of the Bourbons I would normally ask for were out of stock. I'm sure this is a rarity but I'm going with my experience for the night. We have a Roy's in the Chicago area which we have never been too (no plans to do so-nothing against them just so many great choices) but when in the Waikoloa area you won't go wrong as a couples night out at Roy's.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have been to Roy's on Maui, in Los Angeles and now this one on Waikoloa. As my experience with Roy's, the quality of the food is consistent and very good, fish, or meat. Since this restaurant is very popular, it is very busy. Therefore the waiters are always rushed and make you feel a bit uncomfortable. For those prices the management could hire more help.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Our party of eight:four couples was welcomed and I REALLY liked the option to reserve our meal via this app. The service was very professional and quickly answered our questions and explained the menu. The food was our best meal of the week while were on the Big Island. Everything was served hot and cooked to perfection. Everyone in our group was impressed and could not have asked for a better meal. The costs are reasonable for the finely prepared meals and drinks. We recommend this place for anyone wanting a high quality meal with competitive prices.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

As this was my first time to a Roy's I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I love fish so I felt this would be a slam dunk. I wasn't impressed. The portions were small and while I know Hawaii is expensive - typically the portions aren't quite this small. The food was just ok in my book.

1  Thank mama2001
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We looked this up on Trip Advisor and it only had 2 $$ on the website (smartphone version). I just looked and the full version of trip advisor says $14-35. You will be lucky if you can find a dinner less than $30 so I am assuming that is the lunch and dinner price combined. That being said, it was definitely above average for service and food. Was it fabulous, no. My son doesn't eat seafood and he said the short ribs were the best he ever had. The meatloaf was below par from another family member. (But under $30) The fish dishes were definitely the best for the rest of our party. The waitress was excellent at the beginning and was very helpful in explaining the entire menu in great detail. The desserts were great! Try the pineapple upside down cake, made to order, as were many of the desserts.