“ok”

Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Roy's does fish well. Other items, touch and go. Have been here many many times. At times too noisy. Unfortunately there is not a lot to choose from in Waikaloa or on the big island for that matter. Too bad

Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We love eating at Roy's.
We come here every year when were on vacation.. Great food though this is not a traditional Steak and Seafood restaurant. The food has Roy's unique touch of island flare. The staff is friendly and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've got a bunch to say, but it can be best summed up by this: a pre-teen threw up at the table behind me, clearly skeeving out the other customers, myself included. Management didn't ask them to leave, didn't make apologies to any of the other customers, just swept it up and sat the next group down on top of vomit-soaked carpet. Thanks, Roy.

And beside that, I'd still give Roy's low ratings. The food was bland and crazy expensive. Small portions, bad service. I would give it another chance - I know the vomit thing was a rare occurence (or so I hope), but I had such better food at cheaper, friendlier places. Skip this place. Go to The Fish and The Hog or Bamboo Restaurant or Bite Me Fish Market. Or McDonalds. Just elsewhere.

1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I always wonder why other restaurants don't steal the way Roy's handles kids. My wife and I get a great dining experience and my kids have coloring books and apps before we even open the menu. This Roy's delivered like always.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had the fish trio special...not nearly as tasty as expected. My wife had My wife had the fish trio special as well, and did not care for hers. My son had the rib and shrimp special...the ribs were very well prepared and very tasty. Great service and very friendly staff, so the people and the atmosphere were not a negative at all...the food just didn't knock my socks off compared to the price of it.