“Good Teppanaki but not great”
Review of Imari

Imari
Reserve with OpenTable
Imari is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen K Hwy & Waikoloa Beach Dr
st charles
“Good Teppanaki but not great”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We are from Chicago and have excellent Japanese food by us. This lacked flavor even when dipping the shrimp and chicken in sauces. It is quite expensive. I would look elsewhere to spend my $.

Visited July 2014

Los Altos, California
“I like Teppanyaki here”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you come for a dramatic teppanyaki show, you might be disappointed. I go for the quality, not the show. The meat and seafood teppanyaki here is high quality. I also like the spacious, beautiful, and open-air setting of the restaurant. (If you get hot easily, you might be uncomfortable).

I spend a lot of time on the Big Island. I rarely stay at the hotel but I always come to eat at either Imari or Kirin at the hotel. The kids love it because they get to ride on the train or a boat to get to the restaurant.

Book in advance if you want to have teppanyaki here. If you are not staying at the hotel, arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the reservation to allow time to walk or ride to the restaurant. This hotel is ginormous!

• Visited August 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Loved ordering off the menu”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We did not do the type of dinner where you sit with strangers around the grill. We sat at our own table and ordered off the menu. We followed our waiter "Alfredo"'s suggestions and loved everything we ordered.

Visited July 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Excellent Food Ok Teppanyaki Show”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Imari had very good food. The staff was courteous, attentive and efficient. My wife is pregnant and the bar made her an excellent virgin mojito. The are two reasons why Imari got four instead of five stars. First, it is really expensive. Second, the "show" from the Teppanyaki cook was disappointing at best. That said the food, ambience, and everything else was excellent. They do not hold reservations very long due to not wanting to make other guests at the same station wait. We did not eat at the sushi bar or have anything from the traditional side of the restaurant so I cannot fairly comment about it. I would go here again for sure.

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Expensive”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Wow. One of the most expensive places I've eaten at in my lifetime, but we knew that before we went. We made reservations (definitely do this) and still had to wait a bit for our table. The food was good, but nothing special. If you like to eat Teppanyaki at home, just stick with eating it at home and don't go here- WAY too expensive for the same stuff you eat at home.

For the record "garlic rice" is their version of "fried rice." It is good, but just not the same. The service was okay and the chef was okay.

Visited June 2014