“Not the place for me...”

Hearts & Stars Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The flagship salon from the acclaimed Hearts & Stars beauty brand, Hearts & Stars Salon provides the latest styles and services for hair, skin, nails and weddings – all in a beautiful environment. Come in, relax, and "beautify local". The salon is located at Queens’ MarketPlace in the Waikoloa Beach Resort on the legendary Kohala Coast.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went to have an up-do for a banquet that evening. I appreciate that they could get me in on short notice but OH LORD this lady did not know how to do hair. She could not put it all up, she could not put it half up (and I have hair down to my shoulders) and when she finally did my hair in what she said would be "loose curls" I looked like someone from the 1970's. I had "Farah Fawcett" wings and a flat top. I had to laugh because it was so bad. Huge waste of money!

2  Thank Shakenbaken
Joy R, Owner at Hearts & Stars Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Aloha and thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry you were not happy with your experience and we have shared this feedback with the appropriate staff. If you're ever on the Big Island again, we hope you will return and give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Mahalo, Hearts & Stars Salon

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I both had pedicures with Selena and she is fantastic! First of all she is warm and friendly, and secondly, she knows her stuff. I went for the deluxe manicure and pedicure while my husband just had the basic pedicure. We were hooked! Spa is wonderful- clean, fresh, Beautifully done. Whitney is friendly at the reception desk. We highly recommend it. Close to Starbucks or the food court or Thai restaurant so make a lunch date afterwards. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is one of the most comfortable and inviting salons I've had the pleasure to walk in to. The state of the art design is incredible and the staff is top of the line. My hair has never felt better and the owner has a line of hair products that is a must.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

What a hidden gem inside a great group of stores in Waikoloa

Jason cut my hair with precision... and although I didn't get a Mani/Pedi, the women there that did were raving about it like teenagers after a Justin Bieber concert.