My husband, daughter (14) and son (10) stayed at this fantastic property over 4th of July week. This is a very nice, well located property with renovated units (ours was #316) located on ground floor of building 3. Our condo indirectly backed to the Kings Beach golf course with direct access to 2 grills and a hot tub. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, dining area, living room and full kitchen. It is very modern and I loved the large windows and 2 separate sliders out to the huge lanai.
Do not choose this property if you want ocean front location or fancy pools. If you want a quiet, spacious place to stay with an easy drive to local areas, you found the spot!
This property is a short walk to Hilton Waikoloa Village and allows Bay Club guests to purchase 1 day ($80) or 3 day ($150) passes for up to 4 people. Please note that you must use the 3 day pass on consecutive days – they do not advise this when you purchase at the HWV front desk. We enjoyed visiting the HWV property (our kids enjoyed hanging out with kids their age), but always loved coming back to our relaxing condo. I reserved the unit directly through an owner at Redweek.com. I have booked a few times through this website – always with great results!
Before we checked in, we stocked up on food, drinks and adult beverages at Target (a few miles south of the KOA airport). I have a Target debit Red Card that gives an automatic 5% discount. The prices were the same as California so we saved quite a bit by having items on hand in our kitchen. We enjoyed the onsite Bay Club café a few times when we didn’t feel like driving anywhere or cooking – very convenient location across from our building. Good hamburgers, fries, grilled cheese and delicious lava flows too. We bought souvenir cups that allowed us to purchase $5 drinks for the week.
The only fairly major issue we had was (you guessed it) noise from the unit above us. The previous reviewers did not exaggerate…it is extremely and oddly loud (enough to wake a 14 year old up). I also think that our specific upstairs neighbors were on some crazy European time as well as they were walking around a lot in the middle of the night. Although extremely annoying, this was not a deal breaker for us given all of the pluses of this condo community. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort is a spectacular hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii and is designed to be an ideal Hawaiian haven in the heart of Waikoloa. Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of the Bay Club resort provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hawaii visitors staying at the Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort will enjoy spacious one- and two-bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. The suites offer all of the convenience of home including separate living and dining areas, a fully-equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and private lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Bay Club Waikoloa Beach Resort