The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
1,050 results
All reviewsgolf coursethe big islandwaikoloa beach resortnew appliancesthese unitsone bedroom unittime sharefirst floorgranite countertopsfull kitchengrand vacationliving roomferal catskohala suiteswasher and dryerlarge lanaihilton properties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had unit 222 as part of our Global Connections membership. It is a corner unit, and we didn't have much in the way of noise to deal with. (some writers have mentioned it's an issue)

The Bay Club is part of the Hilton Waikoloa resort. I was told that it was originally intended to be for permanent residents, so the rooms are larger than typical for a condo rental unit. It was also completely redone in 2011, so the kitchen is updated, along with everything else, nice linens, two flat screen TVs, huge tub.. Hilton plans to refresh this condo every 5 years (again, so I was told). I will say that the rooms are first rate (better than I live in actually). There are swimming pools and hot tups on the facility. The staff was excellent. The resort has a couple of nice shopping centers and restaurants. Those tend to be on the high end, but there was also a food court in the Queen's shopping center that was less expensive in price.

That's the good news. Frankly, the bad news isn't all that bad, and depending on your desires, may not be bad news at all. The WiFi was so so. Sometimes it worked reasonably well, sometimes so-so, and sometimes not at all. I can deal with that. They also have a dolphin encounter that my wife attended. Without question, it was the high point of her trip. If you're staying at Bay Club, you can get an $80 day pass or $150 for a three day pass (for up to 4 people) for the Hilton Waikoloa water facilities. We didn't try that,so I don't know if that's a good deal or not.

The issue that was painful for me is that Waikoloa is 40 minutes from Kona-Kailua, about the same from Waimea - Kamuela, If you want to do any activies or go to non-resort facilities, it;s a bit painful timewise. Apparently their plan is to provide everything you need on the resort and keep you there as much as possible.

So, I guess it all boils down to what you're looking for. If you want to go somewhere and stay there, this would be an excellent choice. If you want to tour the island more, or not just have the resort experience, this might not be your deal.

We enjoyed it, but because we tend to run around more, I don't think I'd come back. However, it wouldn't be because of the facilities or staff. They were excellent.

The part that was an issue for me is that it's isolated

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BobSnowedn
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Rooms are great nice full kitchen modern furniture great linens big towels pools are good the main lobby poolis new and full of fountains and a slide . But the middle pool is warm and quiet food is priced right for a resort 7.95 for a burger . Wi-fi sucks don't even think about netflicks or getting mail. I even talked to the IT guy off site no luck. If u cook here stop at target or Walmart in kona first prices here at the resort stores are triple . The best beach is just up the hiway hapuna beach nice ! We're in building one it's a great location although it's not a new building it has huge rooms or villas as it were the new buildings have very small patios Were also on the third floor which is nice for the views .Are 9 year old likes the pools but loves the Hilton hotels pools as well . You have to pay to swim there 150 for three days in a row It's worth it if u have kids lots to do and the 17.00 burgers are good .The this is a very good place I read some reviews before we got here and they only neg is the wi-fi yes I know this is Hawaii and I should not be connected to the office but iAm. There's app called big island Reveled. Get it it will save u time and $$$ for a time place I was surprised to learn they have live entertainment a few Nightsa week ,

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brucebush
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband, daughter (14) and son (10) stayed at this fantastic property over 4th of July week. This is a very nice, well located property with renovated units (ours was #316) located on ground floor of building 3. Our condo indirectly backed to the Kings Beach golf course with direct access to 2 grills and a hot tub. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, dining area, living room and full kitchen. It is very modern and I loved the large windows and 2 separate sliders out to the huge lanai.

Do not choose this property if you want ocean front location or fancy pools. If you want a quiet, spacious place to stay with an easy drive to local areas, you found the spot!

This property is a short walk to Hilton Waikoloa Village and allows Bay Club guests to purchase 1 day ($80) or 3 day ($150) passes for up to 4 people. Please note that you must use the 3 day pass on consecutive days – they do not advise this when you purchase at the HWV front desk. We enjoyed visiting the HWV property (our kids enjoyed hanging out with kids their age), but always loved coming back to our relaxing condo. I reserved the unit directly through an owner at Redweek.com. I have booked a few times through this website – always with great results!

Before we checked in, we stocked up on food, drinks and adult beverages at Target (a few miles south of the KOA airport). I have a Target debit Red Card that gives an automatic 5% discount. The prices were the same as California so we saved quite a bit by having items on hand in our kitchen. We enjoyed the onsite Bay Club café a few times when we didn’t feel like driving anywhere or cooking – very convenient location across from our building. Good hamburgers, fries, grilled cheese and delicious lava flows too. We bought souvenir cups that allowed us to purchase $5 drinks for the week.

The only fairly major issue we had was (you guessed it) noise from the unit above us. The previous reviewers did not exaggerate…it is extremely and oddly loud (enough to wake a 14 year old up). I also think that our specific upstairs neighbors were on some crazy European time as well as they were walking around a lot in the middle of the night. Although extremely annoying, this was not a deal breaker for us given all of the pluses of this condo community. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: May want a 3rd floor due to overhead neigbor noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank just_moe
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just got back from another fabulous vacation on the Big Island. The Bay Club renovation was notable with 2 HD flat screen TVs and newer furniture and art. We had a 1 BR in bldg. 2 on the third floor and could see Mauna Kea from our lanai. We loved the space and spent several nights watching movies after a simple dinner at "home." The Gourmet Bistro in Queensland or Foodland in the Fairmont resort area are very close to pick up necessary provisions like a prepared chicken. I recommend the sushi at the Gourmet Bistro.

It was a true relaxing vacation with all the comforts of home. Don't miss the ice cream social on Monday night and live music on the other nights. We used the free shuttle to get to the hotel for a stroll to see the incredible art. Check out the free DVDs at the front desk. The aloha spirit is alive and well at the Bay Club. I'm ready to make my reservations for next year!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mollygee
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed here in the spring and were pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews posted on here. We are Hilton Grand Vacation owners in Honolulu and usually stay at the HHV in the Grand Waikikian tower. I'm very picky and have high hotel standards and for the life of me....I cannot understand why this resort has received the negative comments that it has.
When we arrived, we were absolutely blown away by the size of our room. We stayed in a one bedroom and our lanai was a wrap around and was ginormous. Kitchen was full size and clean. Washer and dryer conveniently located in the suite.
Yes, it is true....this is a QUIET and relaxing resort. If you desire nightlife - this resort is not the place for you. But for golfing, relaxing, enjoying family visiting time - this resort is fantastic.
I must admit....it was a different Hawaiian vacation in that we were not overlooking the water. But the beach was a short drive away and the peaceful and quiet family time more than made up for it. I LOVED that close to our building there was a giant hottub and 2 BBQ's with picnic tables that we enjoyed the stars at each evening.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 8 overlooking the road and golf course and we loved it! It was entertaining to watch the golfers go by... The buildings only have 3 stories - so I do suggest requesting a higher floor. (you can see more)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family