We stayed in the Lagoon tower with beautiful views overlooking the dolphins/sharks/lagoon/ocean (see photos attached - all from the room balcony). The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable; moderately soft bed and feather pillows were perfect. Mini fridge helped with drinks and food, but a microwave would have improved the leftovers. We loved the lagoon in the resort! The lagoon is connected to the ocean, which allows sea life (including turtles!) to swim within the resort, and you can snorkel along with them. The beach in the lagoon area has plenty of chairs and towels, and a bar and grill next to it proved to be very convenient... Pool area was fantastic too, especially the water slide. Everything was very clean and well maintained. Didn't have a chance to try the spa but it looked nice.
Cons - We didn't have the patience to wait for the tram, so it was a bit of a walk from our room to the hotel entrance (still only took 5 minutes or so). In general, the resort was expensive, but so was everything else in Hawaii (our basic breakfast in Kona one morning for 3 people was over $60 with no alcohol!). The breakfast buffet selection at the resort was average and a little overpriced. Service was good at the resort overall (not so great at the ice cream stand...) but do not expect stellar service anywhere on the island. The laid back attitude permeates into all aspects of life, including service. Take some deep breaths and remind yourself that you're on vacation in paradise.
As for the location, we didn't mind the 20-30 minute drive to places. If you don't want to make the drive, there's plenty to do at Waikoloa Village and at the stunning beaches immediately north of Waikoloa Village. Overall a wonderful experience, would recommend it, and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort