My wife, two year old son, and I stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for four nights in January. We had a great time and would stay here again. Everyone was super nice and helpful and we had a blast every day. There are a ton of fun things to do from mini golf to four or five pools to a saltwater lagoon. You can swim with dolphins or simply watch others swimming with dolphins. There are six to ten restaurants on site that all were satisfactory. We were dining with a toddler so we didn't try out any of the nicer places.
The biggest drawback of this resort, one that cost them a point in my rating, is the size of the place. The property is in the shape of a U with the ocean in the middle. It takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of the U to the other. Our room was at the very end in the Ocean Tower and we felt that going to most places in the resort was a big effort. It was a pain in the neck when we forgot something as our room may be 10 or 15 minutes from where we were.
I could go on about the size, but I think I have made my point. Our room in the Ocean Tower was dated but fine. We were on the second floor, which actually is the ground floor, facing the ocean. There was an adults-only pool nearby which was fine and then a larger pool with slides and the like a little further away. The coffee shop in Ocean Tower was hopping in the morning as was the Mexican themed bar in the afternoon and evening.
Notes specifically regarding travelling with a toddler at this property: Our son LOVED playing on the beach of the lagoon. It is sandy and fairly shallow and he had a great time and made toddler friends. There are fish in the lagoon which swim up to your feet and he found that amazing. Most of the restaurants on property have a children's menu and even have a specific dish that was free for children with the purchase of an adult meal. The size of the resort made walking around with him a schlep at times, but it also meant that there was a ton of room for him to play. There is a tram to help you get around the property which was great if only because my son loved watching it go by. While it was fine travelling with him here, I think it would have been a lot more fun for him if he was a little older.
Overall this place was great. Family friendly in a really beautiful location. The sunsets were sublime. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort