We arrived at the Hilton Waikoloa resort after spending seven days in a beautiful house with pool in south Kona, candidly I did not want to leave the house as I am not a resort type person. As we drove in, the property is simply beautiful. Just like a resort should be.....
To my very pleasant surprise from the moment we arrived the Hilton the staff were awesome!! Eric at the front desk was patient with all my questions and assisting with our room upgrade, explained everything without being overly sales oriented. (Buy the discount card!) Once checked-in we proceeded to our room in the Palace Tower. Our luggage was already in the room with the bellman standing by to answer any questions.
Granted the place is huge, but the Museum Walk is so interesting with new details each time. If you do not want to walk they have a tram and boats for you. Remember, when here you are on vacation/conference and things take a little more time.
As for the nature sounds, they were really nice throughout not bothersome at all. We live full time in the Appalachian mountains of Georgia, very remote and very quiet therefore wee are extra sensitive to extraneous noise, but no worries here.
The Chinese restauarant, Kirin was quite good and I am a very particular "foodie" due to my travels. (Will review seperately) In addition, the beach side restaurant was really good. Vanessa was the BEST beach host, always attentive and there when you needed something (Blueberry Mojito, oh yes) Tuna burger....I could eat one right now.
The folks at the beach rental hut were INCREDIBLY nice and helpful. Kau, TJ, John and the rest were so pleasant and kind to our 9 yo daughter, they remembered my name each and every time making for a much more personal experience than one would expect at a resort. We rented paddle boards, peddle bikes, snorkel guy...the whole enchilada and everytime we have excellent service from this team. It made the cost of the rentals much easier to handle!
Also, as a parent this team made us feel very comfortable giving our daughter a little more latitude in how far she could explore on her on. Not free rein but .....
I could really go on and on about the positive experiences we had at this Hilton Waikoloa, even though I did not want to stay there. This hotel and the staff are great, well trained and extremely attentive to their guests needs.
To the entire staff, thank for a great final week on the Big Island! We will definately be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort