Have seen this resort from the road but hadn't stayed there until April 2014. It is so large that getting around is a feat in itself. We got to the resort at 9 at night and had to take a tram to the oceanside resort rooms. When we got there it was deserted so taking a risk, we took the elevator to the floor assigned and eventually found the room. It was unusually large and comfortable and looked out onto part of the golf course and a distant view of the ocean. In the morning, we explored the grounds and found a very large resort with many people and shops. We walked around the other resort areas and found where they fed the dolphins in the morning and monitored them for any medical issues on their bodies. Expensive, but this was the area where you could pay to swim with them for an hour or so and watch them do their water tricks.
The only downside to staying at this Hilton is the daily $25 resort fee and the $17 parking fee required from everyone. Later in the week and not staying at the resort, we later ate at one of the restaurants in the complex and found that they validated parking so parking was not a problem. We also took a boat at night that also traveled within the complex and found it beautiful with the evening lights. To bad that some of the interior areas wasn't lighted, but it was almost like a Disneyland ride, again beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikoloa Village is located within the Waikoloa Beach Resort area on the sunny Kohala Coast on Hawaii's Big Island - just 18 miles from the Kona International Airport. It is a unique 62 acre oceanfront resort with trams and canal boats transporting you throughout the resort. Enjoy a serene snorkeling lagoon, interactive dolphin encounters, spectacular pools with waterslides, the Kohala Spa, exciting shopping and dining, and golf at one of two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort