My family and I just returned from Kona and we stayed at this hotel for 6 day which just wasn't enough. Hilton did a nice job with this hotel, can't beat the surroundings, staff is great but sometimes it is just too big.
We went through a travel agency to book this trip and they did a good job, others confirmed that this was a good place to stay after we had booked so our fears were alayed somewhat. One justs wants everything to be perfect when you go on vacation and this one was pretty dang close.
We rented a Jeep upon landing at the airport and that was the right choice, driving to the Hotel is about 30 minutes north...just a word about driving, speed limit is 55 mph and NOBODY speeds. I talked to a few locals about this and the consensus was: why speed there is nowhere to go, you are on an island and if you do speed all you do is go in the circle faster. Renting a car, that means you need somewhere to park it for the night and Hilton charges $17 for self park and $22 for Valet daily. I choose to pay the extra and if calling as I left the room, by the time we arrived at the front the vehicle was always waiting for us. The Valets were always friendly even though very busy. They waited for us to do our stuff before moving the vehicle and unjamming the traffic jam we caused in the front of the Hotel.
We had a PalaceTower room. There are two additional building for rooms, the Ocean Tower and the Lagoon Tower. Our room was large, 2 room unit. Our 2 boys 12 and 17 stayed on the fold away couch that they said was very comfortable to sleep on. They had a large TV to watch when mom and dad were not ready to get out. There was also an small inroom refrigerator and the standard ice bucket with ice down by the elevators. The main bedroom had a kingsize bed, 5 pillows and was VERY comfortable. We have found that Hilton beds are very good and we were pleased. The only complaint was that in this room it had only one bathroom and it was attached to the bedroom so the boys had to enter the bedroom to go to the bathroom.
The Lagoon is a very fun place. We spent the first day in the sun there we rented Snorkeling equipment and my son also wanted a paddleboard. The Lagoon is protected and has many types of fish and also on our first day we had about 7 Honu or sea turtles in the lagoon we could see up close. Just a very calm and serene animal. Next to the Lagoon was a holding pen for 2 Black Tip Reef Sharks (" No, you can't swim with them," a mom says to her 12 year old son) You can only catch an occasional glimpse and they are next to the Dolphin enclosures which if you pay the money you can swim or enter their pool. The Lagoon does lead out to open ocean which is a bit different, you get the wave action and is much deeper.
They have several pools but after spending the day in the Lagoon snorkeling, I could not get them to dip a toe in a pool.
The Hotel is close to several fantastic beaches. North of the hotel on Highway 19 in the Kohla Area are Waialea Beach, Hapuna Beach, Mauna Kea Beach. These each have very good to excellent areas for snokeling. Our favorite was Mauna Kea but you need to be willing to go farther out while Waialea in immediately off the beach. Hapuna is a wide gorgeous beach, bring your own shade it does get hot and trees are not close.
Food. We, in our travels got back to the area late and the sidewalks get rolled in about 9 pm. We ordered room service and it was good but a bit slow. The have a very good chocolate cake if the craving hits late at night. Some local restaurants but overall the food in not spectacular but there is a variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort