After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting great things and expected some aspects of the resort to be slightly disappointing as a large resort can be. I booked to stay here anyway because of the activities available to keep my young one happy.
To my surprise, the resort is great. Sure it is large but trams and boats are provided to transport you around. If you choose to walk, it is a pleasurable activity as the grounds are beautifully kept (if you walk outside). On your walk you can watch green sea turtles and fish in the lagoon while also burning some of those calories. Walking along the hallways, you'll be treated to a great collection of art, sculptures, statues etc.
The pools and slides were great, and you don't have to struggle to find a spot/lounger as there are plenty around. The salt water lagoon is great, with sea turtles coming in and out as they please.
Fitness Centre facilities are adequate with resistance and cardiovascular facilities available but I preferred running/jogging around the grounds in the morning when you can see the top of Mauna Kea, Mt Hualalai and even Maui across the sea.
My room was in the Ocean Tower with views into the ocean and across the lagoon. I loved the location as it was away from the busier area of the lagoon tower. However I would have preferred them to shut off the fountains at night (which was noisy) so that I can leave the door open at night to let in the sea breeze.
There is no sandy beach at this hotel, as is typical of many areas of this island (geophysical) but Hapuna Beach, one of the best white sand beach I have ever been to, is 15 minutes away by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's largest and most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort