Writing this while sitting on room patio looking out over the Pacific. The view is just wonderful from here. Weather is great, view is great, room was great, hotel is great, but have to say the ohana feeling in not here.
This is our third stay here and i just love walking through the buildings. There are museum quality art from many different Pacific cultures (though North/South America is left out if you want to be picky). An exotic waterway runs through the spine of the property with boats and a train to carry you around. Multiple pools for kids and families. A lagoon, with sea life that includes reef fish and turtles, that connects to the ocean is a centerpiece. Connected to that, but also fenced off is a pool with sharks and then the dolphin experience.
What we see is a very pretty Disneyland type of place that could be on any island in the warmer parts of the world. Just bring your money (and very large amounts as everything is Expensive) and enjoy. No welcoming you back home, few truly friendly staff (though there were exceptions to this from housekeeping), just a feeling of here is your vacation, give us your money, and next please.
Will I come back, don't really know. If I do, will bring grandkids as activities for them are great and I find a large pile of money.
There are also little issues that I did not care for. The property shows the effect of time and ocean. There are no where near enough beach chairs around the lagoon, or really any place to sit while enjoying it. It is far from anything and you must take a crowded two lane road to get there. No microwave in room to reheat the leftover pizza from the great Pizza restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikoloa Village is located within the Waikoloa Beach Resort area on the sunny Kohala Coast on Hawaii's Big Island - just 18 miles from the Kona International Airport. It is a unique 62 acre oceanfront resort with trams and canal boats transporting you throughout the resort. Enjoy a serene snorkeling lagoon, interactive dolphin encounters, spectacular pools with waterslides, the Kohala Spa, exciting shopping and dining, and golf at one of two championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort