My family and I have just returned from our 8 day stay at the Kohala Suites, part of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort. This property had all of the amenities that you could ask for. Spacious accomadations with a moderately equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, and a porch overlooking the golf course where we could enjoy breakfast every day. This is also a great location for getting to most places on the island. It's not too far from the saddle rd which takes you across to Hilo and Volcanoes but is also a nice location for accessing Kona and Waimea.
While in Hawaii we spent a good bit of time traversing the island but particularly enjoyed our days spent at the Hilton Village watching (and swimming) with the dolphins, and swimming in the lagoon. The children's pool at the hilton has a sand floor so for days when we just wanted a small pool we went to the clubhouse which has a wonderful set up that is perfect for kids. Our daughter loved the lagoon. She got to meet sea turtles and a great variety of fish.
The negatives were few and far between as we enjoyed our stay immensely. In fact, I only have 2. You are given one packet of coffee when you arrive to go with your coffee maker. You will be charged for additional packets. Also, the lay out of the 2 bedroom that we were in was not ideally suited to a family with very small children. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the condo and in the end our daughter ended up sleeping in our room every night because we simply couldn't hear her when she needed something (like help going to the potty) during the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hotel guests have access and charging privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between Hilton Grand Vacations, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and area shops. Hawaii visitors staying at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations will enjoy spacious two bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style, and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Hotel Waikoloa Beach
- Hilton Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton