“delicious smoothies”

Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Anahola
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Established in 2003 this family owned business continues to offer healthy fast foods to all. The Moloaa Sunrise Fruit Stand and Juice Bar fills the void for hungry travelers as the only food establishment between Anahola and Kilauea on the northeast corner of Kauai. Conveniently located on the ocean side of Kuhio Highway at Koolau Road, between mile markers 16 and 17, it is the only commercial establishment in the agricultural district of Moloaa. The Fruit Stand not only offers locally grown seasonal fruits and veggies (many of which are raised organically), they make fresh juices, salads, smoothies, and sandwiches. Their grilled foods, featuring burritos and tacos, are sure to please. Their fresh made coffee and espresso round out their offerings. Summer hours for the Moloaa Sunrise Fruit Stand and Juice Bar are: Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Enjoy picnic-style outdoor seating or take-away for your beach adventure.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great setting! Loved the food, very healthy and well cooked. Excellent smoothies- dreamt of the one with figs and nuts for days after. I can't remember the name of it but try it! The fish tacos were beautifully seasoned and cooked - my only criticism was the corn tortillas were a wee bit tough and thick. A minor criticism though. All in all a must if you are heading north on the island.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Take your food to go to avoid the horde of pesky house flies blanketing the picnic area or you will have a hard time enjoying your wrap, sandwich or smoothie.

Like most of the hyper-local food stands in the area, this one serves high-quality food with a strong social slant and a "save the world" agenda just below the surface.

Food was fresh and tasty, we enjoyed the tropical smoothies and the sandwiches and wraps were good.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My wife, son and I stopped here in May 2011 prior to me leaving for a deployment. This had to be one of our most memorable stops in Kauai because our then 2 year old son wanted to drink both our smoothies. I cannot remember the name of the one I had but it had dates in it and was wonderful. We also were able to buy some of the sweetest bananas I have ever eaten. A return visit is in order when we return to the island.

1  Thank 53Alex
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We wanted fruit; not fruit blended with tons of other things added too it. Limited selection of fruit available for purchase. Cannot comment on any of the food items or smoothies - we wanted fruit (were confused by the limited fruit since it is named "Fruit Stand".)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Title says it all. We stayed in a cottage in Moloa'a down near the beach. Stand is at the end of the main road on the 'highway'. Its always busy. Best smoothies on the planet, I kid you not. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Mahalo!

1  Thank John G