“Great surf lessons!”

Kauai's North Shore Surfing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Kauai's North Shore Surfing School provides group and private surf lessons in sunny Hanalei Bay. We now offer Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) lessons as well. Contact us today to book your lesson!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great surf lessons!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As first time surfers, we assumed we would probably not get up during our first lesson . Keo had us up on our first wave with very easy and great strategies. We had a blast with Keo-- clearly a great love for surfing, and he was so happy and relaxed. If you are looking for a lesson, I would go here!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank jenniferlynn_shields

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Learn here first”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Surf instructor was professional from the first phone call til the aloha tourist photo pose at the end. $45 included instructor and his helper in the water, board, rash guard, good on shore instruction and then everyone surfed. My 67 year old uncle, 18 cousin, my 11 daughter and 10 year old son all got up and surfed until they were too tired to keep going. "Cliff" was the man. We loved our location so much too. A river, ropeswing, SHADE- and only a few like minded locals. Take your own water to drink. And have a memorable day.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Eileenika
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome paddle boarding lesson”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Right out of our comfort zone but something our girls - age 16 and 12 - were dying to try. We decided to try a lesson and chose this company because it was a lot cheaper than Titus! Our lesson was an hour and then we got to keep the boards for another hour. Our guide Daniel was fantastic. Very reassuring and we all felt very safe and comfortable. Our family is not very sporty and we were able to pick up paddle boarding very quickly and felt pretty confident after the lesson. I highly recommend this activity and this company. It was great value and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!

Visited June 2013
Boulder, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“excellent family value and results”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Keo and Daniel took our four girls (ages 9 to 4) and had them all standing up in the first lesson (and we've since returned for a 2nd lesson). The 2 hour lesson ended up being longer as Keo and Daniel stayed around and helped the girls surf until they were worn out! The instruction was first rate and the service was even better. They clearly love what they do and it showed in how they treated our kiddos. I have very high expectations of services like this and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank teamrainey
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“electrifying”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

over December's 2011 winter break, my family and I took a 10-day trip to the Hawaiian island of Kaua'i. While we were there, I decided that i wanted to learn to surf. so after making a few calls around different surfing schools. We decided to search the internet for different options, we came across Kaua'i North Shore Surfing school. They were extremely flexible and offered everything from daily beginner lessons to mastering technique and form lessons. I took a one-day 2 hour lesson to learn how to surf and I was amazed at what they taught me to do. my Instructor, Keo, was a life-long Hawaiian who loved to teach as much as he loved to surf. He had me surfing within the first 45 minutes of that lesson, the rest was just for fun. I highly recommend this school for anyone who wishes to learn how to surf, or to enhance their skills.

Visited December 2011