Detail No 1 : There is no possibility to lock your room from the outside, only from the inside. It means that when you leave in the morning to tour the island your luggage is in an open room. It also means that you cannot take a shower or to be in the bathroom or to sleep when your spouse is not in the room because either you lock the room so your spouse can't get in, or you do not lock the room so you feel unsafe to sleep or go to bathroom. No keys.
Detail No 2 : There is no main door to that building, there is only a mesh door against insects. We didn't feel safe at night and during the day, when we were out and as mentioned before couldn't lock our room from the outside and the owners were out, it was very unpleasant.
Detail No 3: Guests are required to take off their shoes the moment they enter the B&B. The owners do supply slippers, but not all persons can wear them.
These are important key details that if we knew them, we would definitely not choose to stay at that B&B. There is nothing written about them on their web site. Fair trade means that a costumer gets all relevant information before he makes the reservation, so that he can decide if he wants it or not. It is not acceptable to hide such basic details, forcing the client to swallow a reservation for an accommodation he doesn't want.
In our room there was only one chair. It's a double room, where is the second person supposed to sit ?
There is no desk in the room.
The TV stood on a chest of drawers lower than the bed, so while laying in bed, our soles hided the screen. It was a flat screen, but a small one, so I had to wear my glasses in order to watch.
The blinds do not cover the bottom part of the window, so it's impossible to make the room dark and the light waked us early in the morning. We were on vacation and there was no reason to get up early, we couldn't rest properly.
The short blinds mean also that at dark, everyone standing downstairs in the yard can see you in your room, in your bed. Very unpleasant.
The bed was comfortable, but it was a Queen although there is enough room for a King.
Sound proof was poor, we could hear the guests in next room talking ( they were not talking loudly ) and when they took a shower, the water flow waked us. So you understand that everybody in next rooms hears you too. No privacy, not to mention sex.
There was a clock in the room, but it was not a lighted one. So at night, when you want to know what time is it, you cannot see it and you don't want to turn the light on and wake your spouse.
In bathroom there was absolutely no place to put or to hang the cloths you take off before shower, no shelf, not even a hook.
At breakfast they serve different kinds of fruits which they grow on their premises. All of them bland.
In the first morning they didn't serve even one slice of bread, only fruits, an omelet that had no salt at all and some unpeeled potatoes. The so called "coffee" was nothing else than brown hot water. The first thing we did in the morning was to find a place where we could have a Cappuccino and a pastry or bagel. After we paid for that breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kauai's famous North Shore, this new home features 4 tropical suites with ocean or mountain views. Exactly 110 steps to pristine Wainiha Bay and 15 minutes to great restaurants, golf, shopping, diving & snorkeling. Full breakfasts served each morning. Hula & lei making taught weekly. All suites have full private baths and lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Ho`o Maha Bed And Breakfast
- Hale Ho`o Maha Hotel Hanalei
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast Hanalei, Kauai