This B&B is built on concrete pillars 15-20 feet above street level. (The raised structure limits damage during a tsunami.) The Pineapple Suite sits on the street / ocean side corner of the building with a view of other elevated houses in the area. There's a sliding glass door to the balcony which is on the street side. (The wooden furnature on the balcony is so uncomfortable that even if you did want to sit out there, you wouldn't.) On the other outside wall is a large sliding glass window with clear glass louvered windows below. There are curtains which can be closed to cover the glass door and the large window; but, the louvered windows offer a great view of the room from the street and the neighboring yard. I felt as if I were in a fish bowl.
The bathroom door is aligned with the door leading to the common area. During my first night's stay, the door to the common area blew open in the middle of the night. (The privacy lock had been set.) If this had happened when I was changing in the bathroom, other guests may have seen more than they bargained for.
The round bed was quite comfortable, but trying to reach the end table to turn off the alarm was challenging to say the least.
I was unable to turn on the hand held shower head. Fortunately, the wall mounted head worked fine.
On the day of my departure I decided to pay my bill before I had breakfast. When I went back to the room after breakfast to finish packing, I found that all the used towels in the bathroom had been removed. Given that I still had my stuff all over the bathroom counter, it was clear that I wasn't quite ready to leave. Technically I had another 3+ hours before the manditory checkout time.
Would I stay again? NEVER!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kauai's famous North Shore, this new home features 4 tropical suites with ocean or mountain views. Exactly 110 steps to pristine Wainiha Bay and 15 minutes to great restaurants, golf, shopping, diving & snorkeling. Full breakfasts served each morning. Hula & lei making taught weekly. All suites have full private baths and lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Ho`o Maha Bed And Breakfast
- Hale Ho`o Maha Hotel Hanalei
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast Hanalei, Kauai