“Vegetarian's delight”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hanalei Colony Resort
Description: Savor cuisine from across the world without leaving Kauai. A unique, oceanfront dining experience awaits you at Mediterranean Gourmet. Situated at Hanalei Colony Resort, Mediterranean Gourmet has become a North Shore favorite among Kauai residents and worldwide travelers since opening in 2006. Inspired by the cuisine and culture of his native Lebanon, Chef Imad Beydoun and his wife Yarrow have created a relaxed atmosphere and amazing menu selections featuring Lebanese, French, Spanish, Italian and Greek influences. Whether you are looking for a relaxed lunch or a candlelit dinner, Mediterranean Gourmet is the perfect Kauai restaurant for you. Considered by many the be one of the Best restaurants in Hawaii. Visitor's from around the world are invited to make this Kauai restaurant thier favorite Kauai restaurant too.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had the falafel wrap and a delicious kale salad with goad cheese. For dessert, we ate and loved the coconut baklava!
So good... and with a view of the ocean :-)

The service was friendly and gracious. If it were closer to our hotel, I would have eaten there again...

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Service was top notch along with the food, crab cakes appetizer was amazing along with the 12 oz steak.
Both the frozen tango mango margarita and the Mojito were very tasteful. Atmosphere with live music and a great view of the ocean always help also.

1  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The evening was perfect, excellent recommendation of wine by our server, superb dinner, and fantastic strawberry chocolate martini. I couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went for the luau on a Tuesday. I was wanting my 7 year old to experience a luau, but we were a little disappointed. When booking this, I saw all the 5 star reviews on the food, so I chose this over other luaus.
The food was very good compared to other luaus we'd been to. The entertainment was pleasant, but not theatrical. It was mainly some very talented people (many part of the family that owns it), but not exciting to children. The first hour is 3 or 4 men singling and playing guitar and ukele. My husband and I enjoyed this, but I could see my son not being very entertained. The hula dancers were very talented, but once again not the theatrical type of show (no grass skirts, etc). If it wasn't for the fire dance at the end, I think my son would have been really disappointed.

Also, it was extremely hot in there. All of the luau is totally inside (which I don't understand since there is a beautiful outdoor area they could open up onto). So the whole show takes place on a very small wooden stage inside the restaurant. Even the fire throwing is in a tiny spot and we could feel the heat. Not sure why they don't open up the windows toward the bay and do the show on the lanai with the beautiful view of the bay.

Overall, a nice luau, but I would recommend taking kids to one of the flashier ones. Although, having better food is a definite plus.

Also, we were seated up front (they do this when you have children, which is really nice), but were right by the open kitchen. So we got to hear all the kitchen banging, was a little noisy.

1  Thank mpaden01
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Friendly and delicious. Wonderful experience. Recommend highly for visits to the north shore. Prices very comparable to home, but I do live in Alaska.:)