“Busy, trendy little coffee shop with big menu”
Review of Java Kai - CLOSED

Java Kai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great hot coffee...excellent baking with vegan options, smoothies, teas....the hibiscus ice tea was so good...sandwiches and friendly...lots of people to watch. But always busy and lined up do not for harried, stressed people ( but come on you are in Kauai). We go every year....mahalo!

There are newer reviews for Java Kai

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was visiting Kaua'i the first two weeks of Feb. My first experience with Java Kai was when we stopped to get smoothies. I ordered a Hula Hula which consists of banana, coconut milk, pineapple juice and ginger. All I tasted was ginger. WAY too much ginger.

Although my first experience at Java Kai was not favourable, we went again to try some food. Here is where they excelled. The food was fantastic. Healthy, tasty goodness. I loved the Dilly Egg sandwich. I also tried the Surfer Girl and Bagel, cream cheese, pesto and tomato which were excellent. Granola bowl was tasty, but overpriced. My companion had a bagel hummus and tomato, the Beetnik and the taro burger and he enjoyed it all as well.

Nice atmosphere, groovy art, a great place for people watching. Also, most of the girls behind the counter were quite friendly. I will return on my next trip to Kaua'i.

1  Thank Off_to_see_the_w0rld
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband enjoyed his smoothie and I devoured my waffle with papaya, banana, whipped cream and macadamia nuts. Perfect coffee. Great outdoor space to eat.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Well worth the wait!! The line was out the door and because we love our coffee; we decided to jump in line. We were not let down , the coffee was devine. The smells of fresh baked foods and coffee brewing made were also off the hook. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Love the coffee! Love the location! Love the sweet treats! A must!
Stop before you head to the pier - then return on your way thru town for another! Great place to pick up a gift or two and some coffee to take back to the condo and home!

1  Thank Allheart89