We loved Kauai but would not return to this location.
- Great location for north shore activities like snorkeling and hiking Na Pali trail.
- House is very clean and kitchen well-stocked with appliances
- Plenty of hot water. Great water pressure
- Pleasantly landscaped setting with stream nearby
- Good wifi and free phone
- Feels private and secure
We discovered that our host had been sick in weeks proceeding the trip and during our stay. While we truly wish him well, we also wish he'd gotten some support or back up as we felt quite unsupported.
What didn't work:
- Owner failed to respond to weeks of emails and phone calls requesting information as we approached beginning of trip
- Owner failed to provide us with critical information about how to get in the house, leaving us stranded the first day
- Owner failed to respond to requests for maintenance issues: (hot tub wasn't hot, washing machine didn't work)
- House has low ceilings and was kind of dark. We didn't find it a comfortable place to hang out
- There is a dog kennel or something similar nearby with incessant barking
- Bed in master bedroom is soft. We had asked if it was firm and was told it was. We had to move to another room with a smaller, firmer bed.
- House was not stocked with enough toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags and dishing washing liquid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Estate is one of the first Kauai vacation properties on the internet and we are still here. I provide complimentary concierge services to all my guests from the moment you book. 45 years here helps in that regard. So please feel free to ask me about all Kauai has to offer and let me help you make the most of your vacation time here. There are two homes at River Estate (One 2 bedroom 2 bath called the Guest House and one 3 bedroom 2 bath called the Riverhouse) Please google River Estate to see all the details for both homes on the River Estate website. Both homes are on the estate grounds next to the river in the same proximity to the water yet far apart. The property location is centrally located in the middle of the prime North shore area. You’ll feel comfortable and relaxed the moment you arrive. Privacy and peace. On Site Staff and Owner Available 24/7 Top Quality Accommodations Affordably Priced A Completely Unique Central North Kauai Location Tastefully Furnished Homes. Quality Furniture Air Conditioning. Each Room Controlled Individually A Romantic and Spiritually Rejuvenating Experience Ultra Privacy in a Completely Unique Natural Setting Two Acres of Pristine Riverfront Botanical Gardens Comfortable Living Spaces With Many Deluxe Amenities Allergy Free Zones. No Mold or Mildew Inside or Out Very Close to World Famous Beaches and Landmarks Float to Beach and Back From the Property Easily Fully Equipped Large Kitchens With New Appliances In House Travel Agency. Multi Island Vacation Packages Complimentary Beach Gear and Quality Beach Towels Hotel Grade Bath Towels, Hand Towels, Wash Cloths Quality Bedding, Mattresses. High Thread Count Sheets Tile or Chinese Slate Floors in Kitchen and Bathrooms Quality Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Floors (Living Areas) Well Ventilated Homes Cooled By the Trade Winds Flat Panel TVs, DVD Players, Cd Players With iPod Docks Large Master Bedroom Suites with Flat Panel TV's Free Long Distance, WiFi Internet, Wireless Phones Large Collection of DVD's and CD's in each Home Washer/Dryer, Gas BBQ, Quality Lanai Furniture Selection of Kauai Guidebooks and Books on Hawaii ... more less
- Also Known As:
- River Estate Hanalei, Kauai