“Amazing local establishment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing local establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stopped at this quaint unassuming bar/grill and had an amazing time. We got there right in between lunch and dinner and had to wait about 30min to order food. No worries because the mai tais were great and service was splendid to our three adults and two kids. Once the pizza came out it was even better. Great thin crust pie! Local music and good vibes all around. If the kids weren't so tired I could have hung out there all night!

If you are looking for a cool place to have some grub and drinks this is it. Lots of history, character and great aloha spirit.

Visited June 2013

Concord, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Felt unwanted.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Long wait for sevice, warm beer and a bad attitude from the woman behind the bar.

I could not put my finger on what was going on, there were other visitors that recieved service so I dont think it was the howlie thing, perhaps just a bad day.

Had one drink and left, cant say I would send anyone there unless they are trying to relive the decendants movie.

Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Luau local style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We wanted a luau experience that did not involve exorbitant charges/Hollywood staging/busloads of tourists. We wanted some island aloha, an intimate setting and an authentic experience. We got it at Tahiti Nui. Every Wednesday evening they transform their event room, roast a pig in the imu out back, pour the mai tais and welcome you into the ohana. The meal was great, with many traditional foods (disclaimer - we lived on the island years ago so we know about this stuff), and the show was wonderful - high energy musicians and graceful dancers doing Hawaiian and Tahitian, classic and more modern. Small stage, big smiles, very reasonable cost! This is a multi-generational family business. Bring your multi-generational family! Don't do "big box" luau - support the local economy, meet some interesting visitors, catch some real luau spirit, and then go take a walk on Hanalei Beach in the moonlight, or hang around to hear some more music in the bar!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Hiljet
Sydney, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Unassuming little bar with alot of character!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Now famous for its appearance in the movie 'The Descendents', this small little alcoholic haven has definitely found its way on the map. Sitting at the far end of the main street in Hanalei you will find very friendly people with friendly smiles sitting both inside and out 'drinking' in the major atmosphere that this little bohemian bar has to offer. Just next door to it is a little store that sells t-shirts with the Tahiti Nui emblem so that you can take it back home as a reminder of your visit to the bar with friendly smiles and happy memories.

Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Most authentic & appetizing luau on the islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was at least our 6th visit to Hawaii and probably the 3rd or 4th luau that we have attended. I am not usually enthusiastic about luau's as we tend to be the type of independent travelers who don't participate in large, highly produced activities. We decided to attend this luau because we were staying in Hanalei and really didn't have anything else to do that night. We (my husband and 20 something son) were all glad that we made that decision. Here are 3 reasons that I recommend this luau:
1) The food is delicious and bountiful. The kalua pork, the lomi salmon the desserts and all the other food was fresh, hot, tasty and definitely NOT a standard banquet meal. I would attend this event just to eat the food again. Given the location in Hanalei, the price was good value for the food alone.
2) The atmosphere is authentic and full of aloha. This is a family run event that feels like you stumbled across a luau at a church basement (the type of church that just happens to serve numerous mai tai's). I didn't count the number of seats but I suspect that there were somewhere between 100-150 people at this luau - really intimate for this type of event.
3) The band was really good - and I don't think that I have ever said this about a luau band before. I would have bought a CD if one was available. The dancing was fine, not highly produced but good enough. I really like the inclusion of the little dancer, it was right in line with the overall atmosphere of the event.
I hope that they don't change this event and try to make it slicker...we liked it just the way it is.

Visited March 2013