“Great atmosphere and Delicious Food and Drink!”
Review of Tahiti Nui

Tahiti Nui
Ranked #3 of 17 Shopping in Hanalei
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Loved the atmosphere, a little tiki bar, we had great service, their mai tai's are the best we had on the island! And I highly recommend the Ono appetizer, it is to die for! It was our first stop of our week long stay. We came back a couple of times. We had our one year old grandson with us and the wait staff was very attentive asking us if we would like to switch tables from the front to the back as they were going to have some live music and they were worried it might scare our grandson. We did move and our grandson thourouly enjoyed the music, turning in his highchair to face the singer and clapping his hands. The food was all delicious and the service excellent! Highly recommend, a must stop if your visiting the area!

All reviews
"tais"
"stage"
"attack"

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Really good Mai tai. Loved the pizza and atmosphere. You should visit it here. Just perfect after the drive up

Reviewed 22 September 2013

we stopped in for a quick drink. The bartender seemed irritated we were there. She was ending her shift and the new bartender was much better and friendlier. We didn't eat here. Just people watched and had a couple of beers. Affordable but I would not eat here.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stopped here for lunch, as it was pretty much the only eating house(couldn't call it a restaurant) that didn't have a line up. With hindsight, it was easy to see why.
The place was roasting hot. With two very ordinary ceiling fans to stir the heat. Asked for a beer, sorry, no bottled beer, only tap beer. Fifteen varieties of bottled beer, five on tap. Local varieties which I have tried and don't care for too much. A 60's old grandma sitting on the same table, but at the other end, asked for a glass of ice, and one of the warm bottled beers, and the barmaid refused to get one for her. The lady told her that's how she has her beer anyway, but still no. In the end the waiter ducked out the back and got a beer and glass of ice and problem solved.
Anyway, no beer for me, so I ask what's good, get recommended the cheeseburger. Got mushrooms and onions as an add-on. Came out, reasonably large, with very nice fries. The only positive. Had all the ingredients for a hamburger, a little on the stingy side though. 1 slice of tomato. 1 single, small slice of lettuce. Now, I just had to assemble it. So, after stacking it myself, I picked it up to find the bottom bun very soggy. It wasn't from the sauce, as there was no sauce at all. No worries, got some nearby ketchup, flipped it over and ate it upside down. By the time I was finished I worked out why the bottom was so soggy. It was that full of fat it just sogged up both buns.
My wife got Kalua Pork Sandwich, with "famous" BBQ sauce. It came out looking like someone had dropped it. So after she assembled it, also with its solitary lettuce leaf and tomato slice, she realised it also had no sauce. The waiter promptly bought some out in a tiny plastic cup. Anyway, the sauce was so nice, she wouldn't share any with me. Moreso, because of the amount she was given, but she did say it was beautiful. Anyway, back to the fries, which still have the potato skin on them and seasoned salt. The wife loved them also, they were good. In fact, they were so good, she watched as the chef was eating them off the plates ready to go out. We could see in the kitchen. He would ding the bell, then have himself a chip, right off the plate (WTF?). To do it at all is gross and wrong in every way, but to do it in view of the patrons. Wow.
So, the bill comes out and I've been charged for my add-ons. $2 extra for the 6 bits of onion and $2 extra for the other six bits of mushroom. Bit of a rip-off I think, but no worries, go with the flow. Now the killer. I get charged for the cheese. On my cheeseburger. I ask about the discrepancy and get told cheese is an add-on. On a cheeseburger. Even typing it up now, I still scratch my head. So my $11 soggy cheeseburger, ends up $17.50. Should've gone back and got the mixed plate from the little stall up the road. Our total bill for two burgers was $32. To sit in the heat on rickety old cane chairs.
Should've known why there was no line up here.
They must do good Luaus, as most high ratings are for the Luaus, not general menu. The Luaus were advertised for $90 per person. There's no way in hell I'd risk that sort of money and eat there again.

2  Thank sickaworkin