“look elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanalei Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanalei
Hanalei Inn
Seguin, Texas, United States
“look elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

No, not so good. Teeny tiny room with teeny tiny lanai. No air flow, and AC was so high up we had to climb the counters to turn it on and off. Photos are not what it looks like-must be wide angle camera lens. Sheets were itchy, bed was soggy, pillows were done. Cockroaches were in all our stuff. There were cats and chickens all over, which I did not mind, but when I sought back relief and sprawled out on an unused picnic table, the owner came immediately and told me, "You can not lay there. " I almost laughed. Chickens, cats, and cockroaches can, but not me...

Advertised price was 85.99 but when we arrived, it was 149. Wow. Great location, though.

Room Tip: There are five rooms. #1 in close to road, five is in the back by manager and neighbors. REally re...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed for a week in the 'beach house', which is a great location and has a lanai to chill out on. The room was clean but the bed and pillows really are terrible! Not the end of the world for me but if you had back problems it very may well be!
They have laundry facilities which is handy and also wi-fi which is hard to come by in Hanalei.
I returned to Hanalei a few weeks after and stayed at another place which was nice but also joined onto someones house so not as private. Hanalei Inn is good value and prob the only place that will let you stay for a single night for a reasonable price. Maybe just test out the bed first if you stay at the beach house;)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed here because of the location. I wasn't expecting much due to a few negative reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, fridge kept the beer cold, clean bathroom, nice little deck in front. The location was perfect for me as I was on foot and was able to walk everywhere. Bill, the caretaker was very friendly and answered all my questions, always stopped by to chat if I was sitting on the deck. The price was reasonable, $149 a night. Other guests seemed pretty happy as well. When I return next year this is the place I will stay at. If you have any questions feel free to message me, I'll be happy to aswer them. Don't be put off with the bad reviews, just go with a positive attitude.

Room Tip: I stayed in #3 which is located right in the middle, it was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank volvogirl2016
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is what you get for leaving your accommodations to the last minute! There doesn't appear to be a lot of reasonably priced places (under $300/night) on the North Shore of Kauai, so we ended up here. Sooooo disappointing! The bed was the worst I've ever slept in, the softest foam imaginable, a foam roll on the floor would have been preferable. Everything seemed damp, and verging on dirty. I'm not a snob, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! The location is very good, and the price not bad, which is the only reason I can imagine people staying here. But if you have any other options, which are even remotely comparable price-wise, I would recommend taking it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed in the deceivingly named "beach house" (unit 8) for around $159 a night. From what we could tell the house was portioned up into no less than 4 units. Ours shared a lanai which was nice and you could see a sliver of the ocean. The room itself was very small and uncomfortable especially for the price (we live on island so have much experience on pricing around). The main complaint is with the very uncomfortable bed that sags greatly in the middle and feels like sleeping in a hammock- we woke up very few minutes with back pain or numb arms/legs. Again, for the price it is a good location but below average rooms and very below avg bed that made for bad sleep :-(.
We have stayed at the other units (cottages w/kitchenette) on the hwy which are cheaper and they are worth it but steer clear of unit 5 in the "beach house".

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We got here yesterday and I was apprehensive because of bad reviews on this site and thanks to the fact it was the only place in town still with vacancy.

We came to the conclusion that the people complaining either stayed in unit 5 or would have been better suited to a resort hotel where they could sit in air conditioning all day.

First of all we are 1 block from "Pinetrees" which is the best Intermediate/beginner surf break in Hanalei. The unit is clean, cute, comfortable and so is the bathroom and kitchen. The appliances are not brand new but on what reality do you pay $150 a night in Hanalei for a block from the beach & get state of the art appliances. Unrealistic expectations much?

Highlights include a flat screen with HBO, wireless internet, personal front porch & well maintained yard. We like the room & it is quiet. Previously I have stayed at the Hanalei Vacation House which backs on to noisy Tahiti Nui,

The people complaining about screens and air conditioning should remember that most people who live on the island don't use them... they open windows at night to get a cool ocean breeze. This place is good for active people I guess - who go out and go things all day and then come back to crash and watch TV at night. 5-10 minute walk to Hanalei town.

Room Tip: Ask for not #5
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Wow for staying at an amazing location. THIS PLACE WAS DISGUSTING! don't' stay here, we asked for a refund they said no. no how water! SOOOOOO GROSS!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank craig h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanalei
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Makai Club
Makai Club
#1 of 1 in Princeville
Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hanalei Inn? Share your experiences!