“A slice of paradise in paradise ~ la‘i”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Michael_5...
Brainerd, Minnesota
“A slice of paradise in paradise ~ la‘i”
Reviewed 5 April 2018 for a stay in April 2017

A year has passed since first arriving at this oasis on the North Shore. This was my third venture to Kauai. This was my first solo trip and also my first stay with Kimo's Yurt. My experiences with the owners *on site*, were exceptional. Christine was the one I had encountered for the most part. I did have a "Kimo" sighting or two during my 14 days' stay. My booking experience with Eileen was above-board and a delight.The yurt itself was tastefully appointed and furnished. The landscaping was a delight to gaze upon when having my morning brew on the deck. (Props to Christine and Kimo for that! All I needed do to enjoy the jungle was to turn my head and there it was, to the rear of the property. I treasure Kauai for it's splendor and rugged beauty. I looked for somewhere I could enjoy it up close and personal. I was not disappointed. The ocean was a just a very casual 5 minute walk. I enjoyed relaxing in the hot-tub and taking showers in the garden. For those looking for a quiet retreat away from the crowds, this is the place. A great place to relax, read, walk or even fly a kite. Rain or shine this is an experience not to be overlooked. Here you will find Maluhia. Thank you again to Kimo, Christine and Eileen S.

5 Apr 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice note , looking forward to seeing you again next time you visit us!
Eileen
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

2 Feb 2018
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us, come see us again!
tuxedorau
Willow, Alaska
“Quaint, adventous, relaxing, unique couple retreat!!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2018 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

The ambiance of Kauai makes a perfect setting for the yurt experience! The yurt was clean, cozy and close to the beach. Even though it is next to the owners home and adjacent to another residence it is the perfect Hawaii retreat. The Yurt was situated in such a manner the we felt very secluded amongst the tropical foliage. The outdoor shower was amazing ... the weather is so mild that morning or evening it was enjoyable. (There is bathing facilities inside the yurt but outdoors gave it an added outdoorsy feel) We cooked most of our meals at the yurt and found the appliances adequate. The whole experience was amazing and we WILL be making reservations again!!

Your age range 65+
David S
Kansas City
“A great place to spend a week”
Reviewed 28 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We had a great week on Kauai in Kimo’s Yurt. It was exactly as shown in the photos. We have stayed in a yurt before so knew what to expect. It was clean and had a great location 2 miles from Ke’e Beach and close to Hanalei. The Resort was practically next door with a nice coffee shop and restaurant/bar. It was a 2-3 minute walk to the beach, and the were never more than 10-12 other people n the beach. We snorkeled right there and saw lots of fish as well as a turtle. We really felt no need to go to other beaches. This was our third trip to Kauai and probably the nicest beach we’ve been to.
Amenities were great to have. The microwave and fridge were perfect, and the coffee maker was appreciated. The bathroom has a sink, tub and toilet. There’ not much privacy in there but it was fine, The outdoor shower was awesome! Neither my wife nor I felt exposed or uncomfortable using it. Christine checked in on us and was a great host.
They were very accommodating with our late flight and allowed us use of snorkel gear, beach chairs, ping pong table and hot tub. If you’re looking for a 5 star resort stay at the Sr. Regis, it’s very nice. If you want a cool experience in the yurt with a great location and don’t need luxurious room and butler service, stay in Kimo’s Yurt. We are already talking about planning our next trip!

29 Oct 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back real soon!!!
Jennell P
“Off the beaten path and loving it”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Please realize you are staying in a yurt, not the Ritz Carlton. The yurt was a fantastic "glamping" experience! The beach is a very short walk away and you go to sleep to the sound of waves. We were here during a monster wind/rain storm and report no leaks at all in the yurt. The hot tub and grill are located in a shared space area, but we had complete privacy the entire time--except for the random chicken. The outdoor shower was well stocked with hair and bath products. The kitchen had microwave, coffee pot, mini fridge, dishes and cooking amenities (oil, salt, pepper, dish soap). We came and went throughout the day with no parking troubles at all. TV worked, and you can scroll through channels to find a show. But hey - I was here for the outdoor adventure not the TV. We didn't have to worry about heat, but I can see how it could get stuffy on hot days. Highly recommend if you want a non-resort, unique experience on the North Shore!!

palama850...
Phoenix, Arizona
“Interesting Experience.”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

The yurt was a neat place to stay for a few days. The descriptions were accurate and we had no issues getting in and around the area. It rained a lot which made it super humid, I'd suggest staying in the cooler months. Hot tub was nice and location was great. Fridge stopped working after the first night, wasn't a major issue and forced us to try some local breakfast places.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
dumhadhea...
“A cozy nest in paradise”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I just spent a week in Kimo's yurt, and are already looking forward to returning, hopefully year after next. We wanted peace, quiet, comfort, to be within earshot of the ocean, and we got it all. The yurt was spotless, comfortable, attractive, and, as was promised, within a two minute walk if that to the beach. Three of our seven nights we fell asleep to the sound of rain on the roof and the occasional mango(?) leaf dropping.
Yes, it is Kauai, rural Kauai, and there are chickens. Paul and I are not "resort people." We prefer to be able to feel at home, be able to make a cup of tea, a snack or small meal, and not be beholden to restaurant menus for every meal. (And there are some great restaurants in Hanalei, our favorites being Hanalei Bread Co., Neide's Brazilian/ Mexican Restaurant, and Bubba's Burgers. (PS if you're in Kapaa look for Al Pastor Tacos. As good as any I've had anywhere, y tambien offrecen Jarritos!) The surroundings are breathtaking. One day I walked from the Limahuli Garden back to the yurt, maybe a mile.
As for some negative comments I've read here, the yurt was spotless (I'm a nurse, I know how to look for dirt), the water pressure was fine, and if the next door neighbors want to peek off their balcony and stare at the bald spot of a sixtysomething old man, I could care less. Mahalo nui loa, Go raibh mile maith agat, tapadh gle-mhor leibh, thank you so very much.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful quiet surroundings
Liked least: Mybe one more night light by the steps at the entrance
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing