“Awesome atmosphere!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We really enjoyed our experience here. Food was good, but the vibe was the best in Hanalei. It was packed when we went and had a seat at the bar until we were eventually seated on the patio. There was live music and great, affordable, drinks.

For some people this place may be too loud, but the live music and service really makes up for it. If you are looking to have a fun time in Hanalei, this is the place to go.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have never written a review for anything, but I felt like this experience needed to be shared. Let me also preface this review by saying I believe the Tahiti Nui Bar is separately run from the adjacent Luau. We will continue to support the Bar.

My Husband and I visited Kauai a second time and booked the Luau through an agency called Tropical Visions. We had visited the Bar on our previous trip and absolutely loved the place. When we heard there was a luau, we were very excited to return there.

We paid a booking fee to Tropical Visions and received a call later that same day from the Luau confirming our reservation. We were busy enjoying our vacation and hadn't realized that the booking agency had charged our credit card for their fee and that the Luau was supposed to charge only the remaining amount. We realized later that the Luau had accidentally charged us the full amount of the luau price.

When I contacted the Luau about the overcharge, they told me that we should have brought the voucher with us to the luau so they would have known not to charge the full price. Since they already charged me the full amount, they couldn't refund the partial booking fee. They told me that it was the booking agency's fault and I should get refunded from them. I didn't really agree with their way of thinking, but my only option at that time was to call the booking agency.

After numerous calls back and forth, the Luau would not budge from their position. Jon, from Tropical Visions, was very kind and understanding. He tried to help me multiple times to get my proper refund from the Luau. They either gave him attitude over the situation or they ignored his calls. They never called me back from my requests or his.

Finally, after 2 months (Sept.11 - Nov.18), Tropical Visions did a wonderful thing and refunded my money even though the Luau still refuses to contact them over this matter. I have nothing but respect for that company.

It really makes me sad that I had such a really wonderful time on the evening of the luau and I would have gone back myself and/or happily referred to any others, but this whole experience has soured my feelings towards the Tahiti Nui Luau. In these times where people are more discerning with where they spend their money, businesses should not be able to get away with treating their customers with such disdain.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I must have passed this particular restaurant hundreds of times on my way to Hanalei Bay, but for some reason I always thought it looked like a dive from the street, so I never went in. Last week, a local person recommended it. So my husband and I stopped for lunch after a day of swimming. They had great tasting mai tais for $8 and I had 2 of them! Their angus burger for $12 is the best burger I have tasted in my life. I also ordered their fresh ahi special at $17. The ahi was seared and thinly sliced around a scoop of rice and a wild salad. It was great. All their salads sounded wonderful on the menu and they hovered around $12. Hopefully I will try them on my next visit. Now I know there is a great place to go for lunch. I am so glad I came across this eatery.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stopped for lunch wanting some Pizza from Tiki Man Pizza. Ended up getting some terrific local drinks and enjoying friendly service. For a real Hawaii, non-pretentious experience you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Authentic Hawaiian place that makes you feel like you've stepped into a true Hawaiian experience. We sat at the bar had a few mai tais and beers and ordered a pizza while enjoying the live music. Also, they filmed part of The Descendants here.