“Had the famous Mai tai...”

Tahiti Nui Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 19 August 2014

On the recommendation of a friend and it happened to be happy hour...so 7 bucks instead of 10... ( think it's 3-5 but not sure) ..the waitress was really nice...we tried to get the recipe as our friend says he's been trying for years and would host a Mai tai party back home if we managed to get it but it was a no go...she politely told us it was a 50 year old secret recipe...we did enjoy it,dark rum floater on top is always a good sign:)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I think I might have enjoyed this place better after a couple of drinks with friends in dim light but I was here eating pizza with my kids for a late lunch. It just had that sticky feel a bar has the next day after a weekend night. The pizza place in the back is rather dirty and ramshackle which makes me wonder just how clean the kitchen is.
The pizza was good. Had the kailua pig and pineapple and it was very tasty. Kids loved their cheese pizza. The price is a little steep - $25 for a large pizza which only fed two of us.
So, if you are willing to overlook a little grim for "character" or just make sure you enjoy a couple of drinks while you are there - this can be a fun place.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Tried the fish special and pork dish and both were delicious. The service was super slow, expect to wait if they're a little busy.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The pizza is great. The Kona beer is perfect. The locals singing and dancing are priceless. I come here every visit to the North Shore and look at George Clooneys photo. We can't do this at home! I miss it already.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Looks like a cheap gin palace, but the complete opposite. Great food, perfect atmosphere with live music and hula. Definitely recommendable