“I don't get it?”

Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Hanalei
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I was really excited to try this place after reading all the great reviews. And then I was really disapointed because the food was average...at best. First, the place is really pretty. I loved the decor. A+ for design.

Now I would not call myself a foodie but I grew up on the East Coast and live in the Caribbean so I know great seafood. Ono is one of my favorite fish and I was excited to have it super fresh. To my dismay it was very over cooked. Clams over cooked. Beets tasted like a dessert because of sweetness. Pokie bowl...average and so tiny. I know...it's tapas and I was expecting small plates... but everything is really tiny for the big price. Dessert, uhhhh it was just average...chocolate cake.

As for drinks the wine list has a lot of variety...but... white list was better than the red in my opinion.

On the positive, my boyfriend loved the mixed drinks. He gave them an A+.

All in all, we spent $200 and I ate again when we got back to our condo because I was still hungry. Avoid disapointment ...go for drink and check out the decor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

We tried this restaurant based on the tripadvisor reviews. The food was outstanding! Great variety. Service was excellent as well. Get a reservation though. We called early in the afternoon and couldn't get in till 8pm.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant. Served wonderful tapas dishes. Loved the ahi carpaccio, seared sea scallops, the grilled lamb riblettes, the lentils and even the beet dish. Great open air location.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

First thing, you will probably need a reservation to eat here. We waited an extra day because it was a special occasion that this is the #1 rated restaurant on Trip Advisor.

The menu is very diverse but there is not an overabundance of choices like most tapas restaurants have. We had two of the starters (crostini and spinach salad) and two mains (banderillas and scallop). All of the dishes were fresh and well put together; I would recommend all of them.

Those were enough for us since were had ordered cocktails and planned on dessert with coffee. The dessert was a seasonal pumpkin cake which we opted to have with vanilla instead of the menu listed butterscotch ice cream (too many flavors there). It was an excellent fall presentation.

The service was efficient and very friendly. All in all, a pleasant dining experience (but not a truly excellent one).

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We celebrated my wife's birthday. The food and atmosphere were great. They brought out a birthday cupcake with a candle to help us celebrate