“Highly recommended”

Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Park Falls)
Book In Advance
and up
Kauai Shore Excursion: 55-minute Helicopter Adventure Flight
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in Hanapepe
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My partner and I were looking forward to our helicopter ride (a first for me) and this trip via Island Helicopters more than lived up to expectation.
We chose the Landing Tour, there was a (significantly cheaper) Island tour only (which was also included with the Landing tour) but as fans of the movie we decided to land at the falls...and boy was it worth it! Our pilot Jody (Joseph) was very experienced, but had us glancing nervously at each other when he told us (after landing) that this was a brand new helicopter and it was the first time he'd flown it - and was a bit unsure if he could get it off the ground!
Anyway the falls were magnificent, on our approach The Jurassic Park theme music was piped through our headphones to everyone's delight and we rounded a cliff and there they were in all their glory - an emotional moment, I almost expected to see John Hammond waving us down!
The landing was smooth (as was take off I am happy to report) and a short walk later we were at the foot of these magnificent and iconic falls. Breathtaking! The air was moist with light misty spray from these huge falls and I could see why Steven Spielberg chose Kauai as the setting for his prehistoric blockbuster. The rest of the tour was equally jaw dropping, especially our ride through Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific as it is billed).
Put this on your bucket list!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We saw these falls from the Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour. It was breathtaking! It is just one of those things you need to experience for yourself!

1  Thank MT425
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We did the Jurassic Falls Tour with Island Helicopters. This was an amazing experience. The helicopter landed a very short distance from the fall where we were able to get out and take pictures. The waterfall is absolutely amazing and pictures do not do this fall justice! The helicopter was a great experience! The views of the island and the canyons were spectacular!

7  Thank GatorTraveler2006
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The first time I saw the movie Jurassic Park I just knew that I'd have to visit this location before I died. It took 20+ years but now its off my bucket list.. and wow... what a site to revire...

2  Thank Helena S
Reviewed 27 January 2013

These falls are tucked away on Kauai but you can see them and even visit them by helicopter. They are just one of the many gorgeous waterfalls on Kauai.

4  Thank ColoradoMickeymoo