“A Great Place to Stay”
Review of Hale Ikena Nui

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalaheo
Hale Ikena Nui
Ranked #1 of 2 Kalaheo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Hale Ikena Nui in April. We had a great time there. Especially Bear (the dog) made our trip perfect. He is such a cute dog and we loved playing with him. We stayed in the guest room in the main house. It has a private bathroom and is very comfortable. Patti was gracious and helpful. She served us a very health breakfast (papaya, pineapple, blueberries, English muffins and coffee or tea) every morning with a beautiful view of the ocean. The location is quiet and easily accessible to major attractions in West and South shores. We will definitely recommend Hale Ikena Nui to our friends and families. Thank you!
Patti, please say hi to Bear for us. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a pleasant stay at Hale Ikena Nui. Our room was big and clean, as was the adjoining, private bath. Patti served us a breakfast each morning that consisted of a papaya, banana, pineapple, blueberries, English muffins and coffee or tea. You can see the ocean from her kitchen table and patio. I would recommend staying here if you feel comfortable being the only guest in someone's home. We felt comfortable because Patti is quiet and isn't intrusive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Budget friendly. South Kauai was not my favourite of the island but Patti was helpful. Buy a Tent and enjoy Kauai for its natural beauty at 3-4$ PER NIGHT :D This has that B&B vibe, you're staying at someone else's house,so keep that in mind. Be grateful and respectful and you'll fully enjoy Patti's piece of Paradise. also, why do people complain of noise? go on vacation with earplugs and you'll never have another problem sleeping ever again. just sayin' its truly unpredictable when travelling, why not?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Hale Ikena Nui in September, and it couldn't have been better. We stayed in the very spacious and well-equipped downstairs suite. It was not the super deluxe spit-and-polish that a large (and expensive) hotel chain might offer, but it immediately felt like home away from home. Patti was gracious and helpful without ever being being intrusive (not always true of B&B owners, in my experience), and was extremely helpful to us as first-time visitors to the island. Having cocktails out in the yard, watching the palm trees wave in the breeze and looking longingly at the 100's of avocados on Patti's tree (they were about 2-3 weeks shy of being ripe), was a delightful way to move from busy days and into more relaxed evenings. The location is quiet (we heard no animals from the neighbouring farm), and easily accessible.
We chose Kauai because of its reputation for being a little more laid back and relaxed than the other islands. It more than lived up to our expectations and hopes, and Hale Ikena Nui was the perfect match for it. We could not have been more pleased. Thank you, Patti. Say hi to Bear for us.

Room Tip: We did not take a look at the upstairs room, but we would heartily recommend the cdownstairs suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We rented Hale Ikena Nui as basecamp. We had the studio which is large and well equipped with kitchen (with a dishwasher) bath room with washer and dryer ( we very much appreciated this), a large comfortable bed and a very large living space with dinner table big enough to do my yoga excercise in the morning.
It is in a residential, rural area, surrounded by a lovely garden and a good location for the south and west of Kauai to get to Napali coast early however it takes 2 hours. We liked it a lot because it was practical. It is not luxourious and needs some work done in the bathroom.

Room Tip: For a longer stay I recommend the large studio
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed at this B & B more than once over the years and have also had friends stay here. The owner is very friendly, helpful, and provides any information necessary. The home is expansive, both upstairs and downstairs [large, spacious studio]. The home sits in a gorgeous community within the Kalaheo hills and is located at a dead end street. The quietness is incredible . . . no ambulances or sirens, no cars driving by . . . very serene and hospitable. I highly recommend this B & B if you want a nice flavorful of Kauai life.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are further away from a pasture. Downstairs studio is very large and spacious for the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gatita1754
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Not our first time in Kauai but last time at Hale Ikena Nui. Quickly speaking, the problem is it's noisy with animals (dog barks a lot), the owner upstairs who is up SUPER EARLY - much stomping. Thin callings and thin bathroom doors. Cows and donkeys next door. Sort of like a farm. And also not exactly friendly vibe. Really surprised since so many good reviews. Perhaps it's different if you stay in the main suite downstairs. Pity since location pretty convenient - but you need a car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
KauaiPatti, Owner at Hale Ikena Nui, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

I have had a vacation/rental bed and breakfast on Kauai since 1995. I have always enjoyed having people visit me from all over the world and have always had a positive experience. I have repeat guests who have stayed with me for years and they continue to book yearly. My home is in a very quiet neighborhood on a small cul de sac. My street ends at my neighbor's 35 acre ranch. They pasture a few cows, a couple of mules and horses. Most of my guests enjoy watching the livestock and sometimes like to present the mules and horses with treats such as carrots, apples, etc. This is the second revie presented by the same couple who stayed with me in May. I only wish they had mentioned their displeasure during the 27 days they stayed with me. I would have gladly assisted them in finding a place more suitable to their many needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalaheo
Garden Island Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Princeville
The West Inn Kauai
The West Inn Kauai
#2 of 2 in Waimea

Been to Hale Ikena Nui? Share your experiences!