“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kalaheo Music and Strings
Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Kalaheo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ukulele, Baritone and Guitar Sales, Lessons, Service and Rentals. CD's, DVD's, Song & Instructional Books & Materials.
Australind, Australia
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visitors looking for the most enjoyable hawaiian experience? Visit Ukulele Mele and Friends in Kalaheo. Ron and Lawrie are great!!. Gove us an in-depth ukulele explanation. We went in to browse, but ended up staying for a while. They have an unending wall of ukuleles, all in different colors and shapes!! I have friends who have bought ukuleles, just tontake them home and put up on their walls as souveniors!! But we ended up buying one, got a lesson too!! Such a relaxed atmosphere!! Cant wait to return to this lovely island, going to bring back my ukulele and pay a visit to Ukulele Mele & Friends to show them what I learned. Thanks Lawrie and Ron!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Makaine B

California City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Impressing Wall of Ukulele's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This little store has such an impressing layout of ukulele's, new and used, as well as a few guitars. A very relaxing ambiance, had a few island baked goods, t- shirts, toy uke's and beautiful photographs of Kauai beaches. I walked in and there was an ukulele lesson in progress, very cool. After a few minutes the instructor stood up and greeted my wife and I with a warm welcome. Gave us a brief over view of the various ukulele sizes, pricing, etc.

I strummed a few of the uke's on demo and i really liked the sound. Seeing that this wasn't a good time to ask questions we proceeded to leave. The instructor said folks, thank you for stopping in, I will be done with this lesson in about 10 minutes and I would be happy to demonstrate the various models. I told him ok, we'll be back, we seen another store up the street that my wife wanted to stop in. When we returned the instructor (Ron) was demonstrating the ukulele to another customer, it was such a beautiful melody, we sat and listened with such delight.

Needless to say the customer bought the ukulele and scheduled a lesson, what a concept. My wife and I knew that we came to the right place. Now it was our turn and Ron says, welcome back, are you visiting? I say, yes, it's beautiful here. He says, yes it is, welcome to Kauai. We had a great time listening to his stories, his performance and over all knowledge. After spending all that time with us, he says take your time making your decision. A few minutes pass and we're torn between the concert and the grand concert. I say to him, we cannot decide which one and he says either one is a good choice the significant difference is longer fret board on the Grand, bell shape, a slightly better tone and longer overall length. We chose the Grand Concert.

Dealing with Ron was a real pleasure. Our experience encouraged us to post this review in hopes to encourage those of you looking into getting a ukulele and lessons while you're on Kauai.

Thank you Ron for everything! Oh the lesson was awesome!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Dave G
California, Maryland
“Awesome Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Folks you have to check out this store!! Has a little grass shack to add to the ambiance!!! Ukulele Instructor Ron, has such a way with people. Makes you feel like you are one of the family. I bought a ukulele, got some lessons too! So visitors, even if you are not looking into buying a ukulele, they have other things too! So go in and see what this little store has to offer, you'll have a blast!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Richard b
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little bit of everything.....especially aloha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

You have to check this place out befor you leave Kauai! Owner Ron Ellamar has created an awesome blend of music, Kauai made snacks, and Kauai made crafts. The way he plays the Ukulele is only shadowed by the way he teaches it! Ask him to play "the perfect day" he wrote that him self and it's amazing . The ukulele lessons offered there ate very extensive and worth the meak $35 an hour. Go see this store you won't regret it!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank anakam808
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome place to sit and stay awhile.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Owner Ron played us some beautiful music on his ukulele. Loved his playing so much that my husband bought a ukulele and took some lessons! Wonderful Hawaiian experience. Coming back next year for more lessoons. Everyone should stop by and visit this store.

Visited August 2013