“Great adventure on our last full day”

Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals
Ranked #5 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals in N. Kapa'a offers a full selection of TREK brand classic cruisers, 3 speed cruiseliners, Tandems for two and trailer bikes for kids. Helmets and bike locks are included in rental prices and the renters can ride out on their own around town or on the new east side path. The ride on the newly opened bike path offers breathtaking views, starting in south Kapa'a and winding north past downtown up to Kealia Beach. Covered picnic areas, bike racks, and comfort stations are located at reasonable intervals along the way. Visit restaurants, shops and many amazing beaches on this self guided ride on the Coconut Coast. Picnic lunches are available upon request by calling 808-822-7368.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We booked a four hour bike tour on the last full day of our trip, and it was a great relaxing way to finish up our adventures. It was a little warm, not gonna lie. I recommend bringing some ice cold water. You can rent a basket for your bike for fairly cheap which we did for one of our bikes and I recommend that as well. Bring a hat and sunscreen! We had some shaved ice at the Coconut Cup Juice Bar which was refreshing and delicious. There were great views and it was fun!!

1  Thank Jennifer G
in 5 reviews
"nice trail"
"easy ride"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"great customer service"
"in great shape"

Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Easy to rent bikes, tandems , trailers for the kids. Then bike the well paved trail 3 miles one way and a mile the other. Next year they are adding three more miles. Passes several beaches. Bikes are very well maintained and the coasters are fun to ride.

1  Thank chumsockeyesalmon
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Coconut Cruisers has the best location and customer service. We rented bikes for 4 hours - loved riding -surf side- along the beaches - simply breathtakingly beautiful. Before hand: Pop into Java Kai - pick up picnic items and make a day of it. We stopped at the most beautiful beach, Donkey Beach, had a picnic, a swim- took photos and hopped back on our bikes. Bring hats, sunscreen and water. Sparky is smart, fun and embodies the classic "Aloha" spirit - great guy. Post ride: get an Iced mocha at Java Kai.

1  Thank Kerry D
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Good bike and helmet selection for all ages. Great service. He "fitted" us and made sure my husband and I and all 3 kids had the right size. We had an all day rental but didn't get there until after 12. Told him we still wanted the bikes, but needed to get the kids lunch. He suggested a sandwich shop 2 parking lots down that had great sandwiches (he was right), and said he'd put baskets on our bikes so we could carry lunch and have a picnic (there are shelters and picnic tables all up and down the path). Worked perfectly. He also put locks on all the bikes, should be need them.

By the way, if you're coming from Lihue, as we were, in Kapaa, you will pass a grocery store, Subway and Starbucks in a strip mall on your left just before downtown Kapaa and this shop - you could pick up picnic essentials there, too, before getting to the shop.

Anyway, you just pedal right out of his lot, onto the path. Great family activity. We got to stop and watch some surfers along the way.

The best part - although we'd reserved for all day, and we clearly cost him a morning rental of 5 bikes (they were sold out by the time we got there), he still only charged us for the half day we used them.

When you're done, head just south of his shop on the main drag and go to Hee Fat General Store for the best shave ice on the island (according to the guidebook as well as my 3 kids, who made it their business to sample many places)!

The bike ride was one of our favorite experiences the week we were in Kauai!

1  Thank 5ExpatsInAsia