Secret Falls Retreat
Courtyard
  • Beachfront
US$354
Travelocity
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
US$256
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsb bother guestsvalley viewamazing hoststropical paradiseevery morningyogurtpineapplenorth shoredarcymochahawaiiislandlanaiprinceville
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Secret Falls Retreat. It was our 4th time there. We love the views of the lush foliage and Mt. Wai'ale'ale (when you can see it!) The grounds are beautifully landscaped and cared for by our hosts, Jade & Lily. We loved the new Koi pond recently installed by the kitchen window. Makes washing dishes a pleasure!

I caught a nasty cold on the flight to Kauai so I especially enjoyed looking at the views and watching tv while my husband was out hiking and enjoying the beaches. Lily made some killer oatmeal cookies for all the guests to share and keep the house and rooms filled with beautiful flower arrangements. Jade was very helpful with our luggage and any information we needed. They are the hosts with the most!

Thank you guys for another great stay at your wonderful Retreat! We can't wait to return again.

Mahalo

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Jade and Lili were such amazing hosts, that I decided to stay longer at the retreat and cancelled my reservation at the Poipu Sheraton; they gave such free and intelligent advice on free and cool things to do, I decided to stay my entire time in Kauaii here. Lily made the most beautiful flower arrangements and Jade was such a wonderful cook, they both were. You only get breakfast the first day here, which I was at first bummed about. But, the guests I was staying with were friendly and awesome and we often ended up eating together or I went out to eat anyway. On top of the amazing hospitality the local is great and the scenery is so beautiful and relaxing it made it sometimes hard to leave. I hope to be back!!! Kris.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had a wonderful week staying at this place is a beautiful sanctuary surrounded by lush forest. Lilly did lovely tropical flower arrangements and Jade served me a delicious breakfast with exotic fruits.
I loved the warm solar heated pool and it was so relaxing hearing the sound of the waterfall while I had a Kahuna massage.
Thanks for all your great advice about things to see and do.
I'm looking forward to visiting this part of paradise again soon.....wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Secret Falls is a home in the mountains and is very quiet and a great place to return to after a day of touring. The pool and hot tub sitting on the mountain with a view of the vast valley and the mountains above is inviting. At night the stars are so bright it feels like you can reach out and touch them. The shared kitchen and patio are a welcoming place to meet fellow travellers and talk about the days adventures. The trade winds come up at night and you fall asleep to the gentle swaying of the trees and in the morning you awake to the sounds of birds singing. Wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My first review after years of going on others: this place was perfect for us for six nights--half way between the ends of the island, near lots of funky restaurants/shops, yet a peaceful hideaway--we loved King room & balcony, the hot tub over the valley, and esp. the open kitchen for cooking and sharing adventures with other kindred spirits. Nearby hikes, beach, and massage didn't hurt either :).

One proviso though: Kimo and Ali have moved on and Darcy and Pat, the owners, are taking up the reins--for perhaps more order in the long run but some chaos in the transition.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple