Came to Kauai for one week, and chose this place despite the very mixed reviews. Very happy with my choice!
- The location is great - every day when I woke up, the first thing I see is the ocean 50 meters in front of me. Right at the edge of Kapa'a town, so lots of restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance. About 1 hour drive to the Kalalau trail/Hanalei area or 1.5 hours drive the other way to the Waimea canyon.
- Very clean place! The staff are constantly cleaning the floor/kitchen/rooms/bathooms - I was very impressed with the cleanliness (obviously it's no hotel quality, but for a hostel I couldn't expect more)
- Staff are very friendly and the people who stay here are all very nice. I always felt 100% safe and never had to worry about my belongings. In many places where I travel you always have to lock up everything and you can sense that, but here I left my laptop and phone on my bed for full days without anyone ever touching it, and I haven't heard of one theft incidence from anyone. Everyone who stays here is very nice and social, a lot of the people who come end up staying for a long time so some of your fellow roommates have been there for weeks/months, which is a very nice mix. Definitely a great vibe. Everyone kept talking about "the energy" and "the spiritual change" they underwent here. I must admit I can't really relate to that or understand that, but I'm just mentioning this to give you an idea of the kind of people you'll run into here. Everyone has an interesting story and everybody was always generous and helpful.
- Very quiet and relaxed. Do not expect a party scene. Lights out at 9:30pm, so unless you have a kindle or a laptop, you literally can't do anything other than sit at the table and talk or go to bed :) This has been my first time traveling to a place like this, and honestly, it's very refreshing and relaxing.
- There are tons of roosters roaming around here, so you might get woken up by them sometimes. Very nature-y, enjoy it :)
If you're going to Kauai and not camping - I recommend this place!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Kauai Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach House Hotel Kapaa
- Kauai Beach House Hawaii - Kapaa