“Knowledgeable Crew and Fair Price”

Deep Sea Fishing Kauai
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My family and I (group of 5) went out on one of their boats with Captain Rob and Deckhand Jeff for a 6-hour trip. What a success! We do fish a lot on the mainland and understand that we might not have caught anything, but to be on a boat in beautiful Kauai... that's a memory we will never forgot!

We got lucky, though! We caught 3 Mahi Mathis and one Wahoo. We did catch some small yellow fin, but you gotta throw those guys back so they get big later. We caught the Wahoo quickly on our trip, followed by quiet, and finished with a bang when the captain spotted a large log. The lines wouldn't stop, and it was crazy! What fun, though!

The crew was very knowledgeable about fishing in the area, and Jeff kept us informed as to the plan throughout the trip so we stayed informed. The crew was friendly and definitely knew what they were doing. If you're planning a trip to Kauai and enjoy fishing, you've gotta fish with these guys! Again, even if you don't catch anything, you will have a beautiful view of the island!

1  Thank ASveum
in 13 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"filet"

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

My second fishing charter with this group. My wife and I took the "six hour share with the four person max" charter. This is a good selection as there are no more than four people so you get more than one rod. Six hours gives you the opportunity to find the fish and the rate was manageable. The captain (Robbie) and crew (Jeff) we're great. They were knowledgable and worked hard to get us a position to catch some fish. We caught a rare six foot Hebi that weighed close to 50 pounds. The fight was challenging to get that big guy into the boat. It was a "share" trip so the boat kept the valuable Hebi but they gave us a 15 pound Mahi that was caught earlier on another charter. The Mahi was awesome! They cut it into fillets for us and we had three meals for four people! Tip: Charter in the first part of your trip so if you get fish you have the chance to eat it! I won't even try any other charter when in Kauai. Proof these guys are good is that they have added a second boat since my first trip in 2011 and they are looking for a third boat now! Demand is up so book early.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Been on a lot of trips and charters and I rate these guys as the best. Jeff is unbelievably adept and knows how to handle a boat. Jeff is a consumate professional and has a passion that makes the fishing trip that much better. Caught a 55lb YT and 9 Dorado's and had an absolute blast. Captain Justin put us on some fish! Both of the other folks on the boat had never ocean fished before and J&J took awesome care of them. Fishing charters shopuld take a page from these guys' book.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I went out this morning with Captain J's crew, Jeff and Rob and we had a blast! Jeff and Rob were very down to earth and gracious with us as we arrived late as a result of our own confusion. I felt awful for making them wait but Jeff and Rob immediately put us at ease saying "this is Hawaiian time... you're on vacation, we had no problem waiting." Captain J, in spite of the fact that we didn't meet him face to face was also very gracious with us. He called us giving us directions, letting us know that the boat would wait.

Our experience on the "Big Ta Do" was one of welcoming hospitality. Between the two of them, Jeff and Rob were a wealth of information and were eager to answer any question we had for them. Overall our experience with Captain J's Deep Sea Fishing Kauai was warm and pleasant.

1  Thank calebwinchester
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were really looking forward to deep sea fishing all week so we were ecstatic this morning as we made our way towards port Allan. Received a call from JD assuming he was checking in to make sure we knew how to get there. Shockingly, he asked to reschedule since there were no other people fishing besides my wife and I, and he did not want to take the boat out for just us. My advice, go elsewhere. There are plenty of other fishing charters with good reviews.

7  Thank islandhopper1783