“Beginner Hikers DO NOT GO!”
Review of Alii Kayaks

Alii Kayaks
Ranked #2 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Kapaa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take an eco-adventure Kayak/Hike to a Secret Waterfall! Among all the rivers available to adventure seekers, the Wailua River Valley seems to be one of those special places. Kayak 4 miles roundtrip on a Class Zero river, combined with a 1.5 mile moderate to strenuous hike through a tropical rainforest, wading through streams, and traversing muddy trails to get to the beautiful 120' Uluwehi Falls.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went on the secret water falls kayak trip, Cody our tour guide was absolutely wonderful!! Very informational, fun, knowledgeable, and entertaining, considerate!! If it wasn;t for him it would not have been so much fun and he made me relax about being careful and slow on this trip.

2  Thank Debbie D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is an awesome tour that is challenging while still being fun for the whole family. We learned a lot and had a great time with our tour guide cody who taught us a lot about the plants, wildlife, and culture of kauai. Next time me and my family visit we will definitely be doing this again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Kayak down the river. Hike through the jungle and arrive at a gorgeous waterfall for lunch. Very muddy the day we went-would suggest water shoes and clothes that will get dirty-as mud was knee deep. A real outdoor adventure that was doable for everyone including older children and older people who are in shape. Cody was our guide and played the ukelele as we hiked along. I would recommend this company as they are located right on the river and did a great job

1  Thank jcastledoc
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Kauai.
I never thought at my age (50 +) I would find myself up to my knees in mud! But there I was and having fun too! Guarantee, you will be getting your feet soaked with mud and water - and for some, even their clothes. The hike is not strenuous at all,as it is fairly flat but can be very slippery and you are walking over roots and rocks.
Our guide - Cody, was excellent! He didn't rush anyone, he ensured that everyone was safe and took the time to speak with each of us along the way. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the area including local plants etc,.
This adventure is worth taking - but be prepared, it is wet and muddy and lots of fun!

1  Thank Winnie W
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The kayaking was not very challenging at the slow pace the group took. The hike portion to the waterfall was not steep but very muddy and slippery. The waterfall was a great refreshing sight at the end of the hike and a great place to have lunch.