Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
Great for everyone

Reviewed yesterday
g12Mar
Sacramento, California
A compassionate and skilled tour guide...simply the best!!!! Two Props that were amazing!!!

Linda W

1,430 results
All reviews secret falls kayak trip the river our tour guide ukulele playing water shoes hawaiian culture great trip easy kayak great guide waterfall hike great sense of humor beautiful waterfall awesome experience dry bag bug spray mile kayak
Reviewed yesterday

There were a lot of choices but I went with Alii because their ad was upfront on pricing and had no hidden fees like other places. I appreciate that. We had a great day and appreciated that we could bring our 6-year old son. The guide gave us great information and easily figured out how to be helpful or let people go at their own pace.

Reviewed 2 days ago

You hike an hour and a half to see a non spectacular water fall. So what, then you have to hike back. Don't wear anything you want to keep because the red clay mud stains you get won't wash out.

KeoneGarma, Owner at Alii Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you very much for your writing a review, good or bad we value your opinion and feedback. Yes we 100% agree with you this is a moderate to difficult trail due to the muddy conditions. This hike is adjacent to one of the wettest spots on earth Mt. Waialeale Crater with over 400 inches of rain annually. Lot's of rain plus redirt equals MUD. This is a great review that will help future adventure seekers know exactly what to expect. Muddy, red dirt conditions, this is not a walk in the park! As for the non-spectacular waterfall comment, I guess the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We along with about 98% of our adventure seeking clients absolutely love Uluwehi Falls. Mahalo!

Reviewed 2 days ago

A cool experience that starts with a kayak trip up river through a jungle like setting. This is followed by a hike to the beautiful Sacred Falls. It’s not an overly difficult hike but extremely muddy, deep in some places, and slippery so footing can be treacherous. Think carefully about your footwear. A party member did fall and injure her wrist. Our young guide, KK, was full of energy and fun stories, but got to business once there was an injury. Thanks KK for looking after us and providing such an unusual experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Let's start at the beginning. We met our guide and immediately you knew is was going to be a great day. TC has humor and wit, but is filled with kindness and compassion. While that may sound cheesy, I'll explain why it's important. I was the oldest in the group and didn't quite understand what I had signed up for. I learned quickly. It's a beautiful Kayak down the river to a landing that takes you into the forest and up the mountain. TC accommodated our group every moment. He assisted everyone with a hand to enter the van, loaded and unloaded all the gear and then proceeded to teach us the best way to enter the Kayak, paddle and then steer. Sounds simple until you watch other tour groups struggle all over the river. Along the way, he would stop and explain different aspects of the area that were really interesting (and the rest was nice as well). As other reviewers described it was muddy and could have been dangerous but for our group TC taught us how find a foothold and different techniques for going downhill, and crossing the streams with stones alone the way. For me personally, he went above and beyond. I had never hiked or Kayak so he became a personal coach that gave me confidence and never made me feel ashamed. Just the opposite. He had me hold onto his strap on his backpack and step where he stepped. It was amazing how much confidence I gained but more importantly how much fun I had. His humor and wit were fun but his props were the best. Let's start with the small 5 lb dog Lilo be brought. She was the best . She led the group up the hill with her tail wagging so that alone brought joy. The most enjoyable prop was the ukulele. He was amazing. He played songs that were patriotic, songs from movies and old fashion love songs. When the course became a little challenging Lilo led us on and TC played us music. The falls were beautiful and our experience was great. The cost of this tour (not expensive) is not equivalent to the amount of joy and fun you will experience. I highly recommend you ask for TC to be your guide. He's great with all ages (kids will love him) and he goes to extra lengths to make sure a fun time is had by all.

Reviewed 3 days ago

It was a challenging day because of heavy rain, but our guide Blake did a great job and it was so worth it to experience the falls! Be prepared for a lot of mud and water and some challenges on the hike.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We had an awesome time. The hike was very muddy but so worth the trip. Guide was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Fati and Sawyer went above and beyond today for our Zipline adventure. They were just so fun! They had water for us along the way and snacks. I'd suggest wearing bug spray as there are a few areas that are in the woods that the mosquitos were out. Also wear athletic shoes. The Ziplines were so fun and the views were breathtaking. I'd highly suggest this adventure. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Medium level hike, but well worth it. Great picture opportunities.Wear water shoes & clothes that may need to be discarded.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had Kai as our guide and he was awesome! He was fun, funny, and knowledgeable. He made the adventure worth every penny. Would do this again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a tour booked in at the last minute. From the very start, Ali’s kayaks were super friendly and informative about what to expect. Ky shared his local knowledge about the island, river and waterfalls. It was a great workout and a fun muddy adventure. One of my favourite activities thus far on the island. Our group had fun, worked together as a family and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thanks Ky for an awesome experience!!

1  Thank Josephine P