“Best part of our trip!”

Rainbow Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rainbow Kayak Tours/Ancient River Kayak is an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Thomas and Aaron have been guiding since 2004 and Davey & Andy since 2008. We have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with Kelly, Val, Bonnie, Brittany or Gayle. They will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. We are also partners with Kayak Adventures and Ancient River Kayak.Description of our property: Our shop is located in the Islander Shops behind Coconut Marketplace in Kapaa. We are located next to Aston Islander on the Beach Resort, The Snorkel Depot and Tree's Lounge. The Snorkel Depot is adjacent to our shop. We have everything you need for the beach: snorkel gear, beach chairs, boogie boards and much more!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just wanted to say that my wife and I had a blast on this adventure. I cannot believe people are complaining about how muddy the hike was.....Kauai is one of the wettest spots on the planet, what did you expect? Anyway well worth the money and we would do it again in a second! Our guide Thomas did an outstanding job and made the kayak trip and hike fun and exciting. If you want to do something different on your trip to Kauai you must check these guys out. One of the best memories of our trip to Kauai!! Aloha!!!!!!!!

2  Thank KauaiRalph

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

READ FOR SAFTEY.

So we decided to go on a Canoe trip. We started for the secret falls first. It is about a five minute paddle. You get off at a shore then walk about a mile to the secret falls. However, the walk is ridiculously muddy. There is mud everywhere and a lot of it. Pretty much from the waste down, you get muddy. Part way through the walk, you have to cross a river, but there is a rope to help. If it rains while you are on the journey, it is really cool to see, BUT, when you cross the river going back after it rained, the river can rise at least 2 feet very easily. My sister who is younger than me, went first and could barely hold on because the force of the water after it rises is very strong. I suggest that if you cross it after the river has risen, lay flat in the water and hold on to the rope but keep your head above water. It is a lot easier because it lets the water go past you. For most of the way, we were with other people. NOW, when we got back, the river was very high. Two of our canoes tipped over and we had to rescue about 3 or 4 of us. There are warning signs so I suggest you read them.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Are you people kidding? You found this mudwalk fun? Did you know that you would be walking in 6" mud most of the hike? Did you know you would be fording the river thru 3 feet of water, hanging on to a rope while you tried to get your footing on slippery rocks, hoping you wouldnt lose your grip and be taken downstream? Did you know you would be walking thru mud up to your knees at some points? Did you know you would be trying to walk in the mud between tree roots on a ledge above the river? Did you know you would slip and fall and be covered in mud, begging to ford the river again so that you could take a bath? Oh, did I mention the waterfall? Hmmm...who cares? I just wanted to get back to the river. I have seen a lot of spectacular waterfalls, most of them from a paved road.,,,this was nothing special. Save your money....go golfing!

One positive...the guide was great and very knowledgeable...but the description of the adventure was very misleading. This was no walk in the park and people should be aware of that,

6  Thank Janetriggs
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We enjoyed this tour so much our last time here that we did it again. You get a lot on this tour-- kayak 2 miles, hike 1mile (each one way), swim under a waterfall, have lunch and be back home int time for a Mai Tai! The trail to the waterfall was extremely slippery, at times we were in mud up to our knees, and I'm not kidding. My wife and I are in our mid 60's and hike a lot, so we did not have any difficulty with stamina on this tour. If you have knee or hip issues, though, this is probably not the tour for you. The trail is up and down, very slippery, and requires large steps up and down often over rocks and tree roots. Leave your white sneakers at home, they will never be white again. We threw our hiking sandals in the washer as soon as we got back to the condo and they came out ok.

3  Thank beachcomber1947
Reviewed 29 January 2014

An out of this world kayak and tropical landscape hike to Secret Falls. Bring your camera, hat, sunglasses, a good pair of running shoes, and your enthusiasm.