“Surfing Lessons”
Review of Learn to Surf

Learn to Surf
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Cliff and Nefi were excellent. They were awesome and had my 3 children and me standing up surfing within 30 mins. Cliff was very patient and work with all of us to instill confidence and the proper techniques to surf. They even bought out 2 extra people to work with my 6 and 8 year old sons to make sure they were safe while they surfed. With a fee of only $45 a lessons, you cannot beat their prices. I highly recommend "Learn to Surf" over everyone else. My children had so much fun, we booked a 2nd day with Cliff to continue to work with my boys. On the 2nd day, I learned how to paddle board, while my sons surfed.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

These guys are great. They were patient and really made an effort to teach everyone how to surf. We surfed at a quiet beach on the east side of the island with good waves and plenty of room to spread out. In contrast, I surfed again (on my own) at the beach near the Sheraton where there were a bunch of lessons and it was a total mess. The waves were bad and there were A LOT of people in the surf schools. I witnessed quite a few surfers run over each other and many more near accidents.

Go with Learn to Surf, you will have a much better experience.

1  Thank TCUlonghorn
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Called them the night before and they had an opening the next morning - they don't have a set beach as they "pick" the best beach for surfing and then tell you where to meet. We were in Princeville and they told us to meet them on the beach in Wailua right next to the bridge. It was a little bit further to drive then Hanalei where some other groups also offer lessons but in the end, it was all worth it!

We got there and Nefi was there with another instructor who was already in the water - there were two other students so the teacher/student ratio was awesome at 5 to 2. Cost was $45 for 90 minutes (they actually stayed with us for an additional 15 minutes and I think it would have been 30 minutes since we were late at no additional cost).

My oldest kid has had four surfing lessons (two in Maui and two in Kauai) and they liked this company the best. Even my youngest who had never surfed before got up quickly and stayed up.
They even taught our kids how to hop on the board - no other teacher had done that in the other lessons.

Afterwards, they posed our kids with their boards and made sure that we were happy with the # of pictures we had taken (asked if we wanted to take more). This is a great outfit with teachers who do their best to ensure that their students are having a good time.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Nefi took my wife and her girlfriend on their first attempts. They both were able to get up and ride waves before the lesson was over. They are now looking for surf boards of their own. Mahaloz!!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My 11 year old son took a surfing lesson from Cliff yesterday. He loved it! For $45 (they've recently raised prices - still half of the cost of other places on the island), he was in a 90 minute class with only one other person. The class started with about 10-15 minutes of instruction on the beach. Then they hit the water, and both guys were up and surfing like pros almost immediately. Cliff, himself, even looked like he was having a great time (I stayed to watch the whole lesson) as he gave them each individual tips. Like I said, we paid for a 90 minute lesson, but they were in the water with Cliff for over 2 hours. A highlight of the trip!

1  Thank Jamie P

Been to Learn to Surf? Share your experiences!