“Great experience”
Review of Learn to Surf

Learn to Surf
Reviewed 31 August 2013

These guys were fantastic, patient and professional. Cliff was great at explaining the safety tips on shore and quickly got us up and at em in the water. Wesley (I think that was his name) was great with our kids and took his time and even let them use the SUP equipment after surfing. Great experience overall.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Called these guys based on the review in the Ultimate Kauai travel guide. Definitely the right call. Nephi and Cliff really know how to get us out of shape old guys, as well as the young ones up and surfing. Try to hang with Cliff or Nephi if you have a choice. They pick the spot where the best surfing is rather than being locked into one location which makes a lot of sense. I was up on my board on the second try. My 13 yo loved it and we both were up and going quickly. We went back a second day and skipped the land lesson and went right to the water. We were catching waves on our own and having a blast. Seemed to me that everyone there on both days succeeded and had a lot of fun. They have the right boards, right spot and a know how to teach us rookies. Thanks! Boston

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Absolutely brilliant experience learning to surf, the teachers (we met two) were attentive and understanding if you were finding the surfing difficult. They paid attention to everyone individually and taught the surfing in little steps which made it easy to learn. Had an awesome day and I can now surf!
Great price too at $45 for a 90 minute lesson plus 30 mins of practice afterwards. Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Cliff and Nefi were excellent. They were awesome and had my 3 children and me standing up surfing within 30 mins. Cliff was very patient and work with all of us to instill confidence and the proper techniques to surf. They even bought out 2 extra people to work with my 6 and 8 year old sons to make sure they were safe while they surfed. With a fee of only $45 a lessons, you cannot beat their prices. I highly recommend "Learn to Surf" over everyone else. My children had so much fun, we booked a 2nd day with Cliff to continue to work with my boys. On the 2nd day, I learned how to paddle board, while my sons surfed.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

These guys are great. They were patient and really made an effort to teach everyone how to surf. We surfed at a quiet beach on the east side of the island with good waves and plenty of room to spread out. In contrast, I surfed again (on my own) at the beach near the Sheraton where there were a bunch of lessons and it was a total mess. The waves were bad and there were A LOT of people in the surf schools. I witnessed quite a few surfers run over each other and many more near accidents.

Go with Learn to Surf, you will have a much better experience.

1  Thank TCUlonghorn