“Be ready for sticker shock”
Review of Tropical Dreams

Tropical Dreams
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Kapaa
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Tropical Dreams Ice Cream offers over 150 flavors of super premium ice cream, vegan ice cream, gelato and sorbet all handmade on the big island. Super premium means it's handmade with 18% butterfat, adding a rich and creamy texture you can taste. All Hawaiian ingredients are grown on environmentally friendly farms and 100% of our cream produced by Big Island dairies. The result....a true Hawaiian gourmet ice cream that is dense and very rich tasting with flavors you only dream about
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The reviews are correct in saying that this is fabulous ice cream and the owner is super nice but be warned, For 4 single scoop cones it cost us nearly $25.

1  Thank Tom H

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I first had the opportunity to taste Tropical Dreams ice cream when we honeymooned in Kauai, back in 2009. At that time the parlor/video rental was kind of out of the way, on a road to the Kilauea Lighthouse and we discovered it a day before we left the island. There was scant opportunity for seconds that time around. Even having just tried it once, the ice cream left a lasting impression. So, early last month, when my family and I were fortunate to revisit Kauai again, I was excited to reacquaint myself! The new location is much more convenient, off Kuhio Hwy in a plaza with a Safeway grocery store. The location (and our determination) made it possible for us to stop by four of the seven evenings we had on the island. The ice cream and gelato here has the addiction potential of any Level 1 Substance, and I got my entire family hooked. The menu has diversified a bit, and we tried several different combinations. All of the flavors were a hit. My personal favorite was the toasted coconut topped with chocolate gelato. My wife and sister swore by the mango and lychee flavors. My brother-in-law fell in love with their strawberry cheesecake. Point being, everything was fantastic. Dan, and his wife, are as charming as ever and we will miss them and their potent treats.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is the best Ice cream I have ever had. It is a bran new facility and the owner was working it. Rumor has it Oprah Winfrey orders her Ice cream from this Chain and has it sent to Chicago. One taste and you will know why!!! It doesn't get any better than this! They need to invent a new word for this Ice Cream because it is truly a dream!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Cute little ice cream shop located in Kapa'a, one of the best finds of our trip, some of the best ice cream we have ever had. Due to gluten and dairy allergy my husband doesn't get to enjoy ice cream very often and typically doesn't taste the best.....UNTIL we stumbled on Tropical Dreams. We made 3 trips to the ship during our 7 day vacation in Kauai. My husband always got the soft serve vanilla bean, which I did try once (very good considering GF and DF) . I also tried the Kona Coffee Toffee Crunch and Mint Chocolate Chip, both were very good. My favorite was the toffee crunch one, as I ended up with the last of the container and it had all this extra toffee in it, excellent. The shop owner Dan is very talkative and extremely passionate about his product, he helped make our experience even better. Try not to get turned off by his excitement because the Ice Cream is worth it.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I got mint chip and then Dark Cherry Vanilla. They were both pretty good. The owner is a little weird but he is fun. He said that the flavors keep changing so I suggest you go here. It is in the same shopping complex as Safeway but a little off to the right of Safeway. Right next to the ABC store.