“OMG!!”

Tropical Dreams
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Kapaa
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tropical Dreams Ice Cream offers over 150 flavors of super premium ice cream, vegan ice cream, gelato and sorbet all handmade on the big island. Super premium means it's handmade with 18% butterfat, adding a rich and creamy texture you can taste. All Hawaiian ingredients are grown on environmentally friendly farms and 100% of our cream produced by Big Island dairies. The result....a true Hawaiian gourmet ice cream that is dense and very rich tasting with flavors you only dream about
Denver
“OMG!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

If you're a fan of super premium ice cream, this is the scoop shop at the end of the rainbow. Fantastic flavors include fresh tropical fruit combinations and all the usual ones too. If they have it that day, try the coconut banana. Yum! Just beware, this super premium ice cream comes with a super premium price - nearly $5 a scoop! And no half-scoops allowed, so you're obligated to two scoops if you want two flavors. But it's so rich and heavy that two scoops the other day nearly killed me. It's better, and safer, to share single scoops with a friend who gets a different flavor. Whatever you decide to do, just forget the price and enjoy it!

1 Thank coloradojeff

Denver, Colorado
“YUUUM!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The 4 of us tried a variety of flavors. All fresh, all great Yes it's expensive but you'll get flavors here you won't find elsewhere. Also, this is rich ice cream so only get 2 scoops if you're really, really hungry. The salted caramel was to die for. The fruit flavors were delish! Look for this place near the Safeway. You won't see it from the street. You'll be glad you found it, though.

• Visited April 2014
Pinehurst, Idaho, United States
“Be ready for sticker shock”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The reviews are correct in saying that this is fabulous ice cream and the owner is super nice but be warned, For 4 single scoop cones it cost us nearly $25.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tom H
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Ice Cream, Period.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I first had the opportunity to taste Tropical Dreams ice cream when we honeymooned in Kauai, back in 2009. At that time the parlor/video rental was kind of out of the way, on a road to the Kilauea Lighthouse and we discovered it a day before we left the island. There was scant opportunity for seconds that time around. Even having just tried it once, the ice cream left a lasting impression. So, early last month, when my family and I were fortunate to revisit Kauai again, I was excited to reacquaint myself! The new location is much more convenient, off Kuhio Hwy in a plaza with a Safeway grocery store. The location (and our determination) made it possible for us to stop by four of the seven evenings we had on the island. The ice cream and gelato here has the addiction potential of any Level 1 Substance, and I got my entire family hooked. The menu has diversified a bit, and we tried several different combinations. All of the flavors were a hit. My personal favorite was the toasted coconut topped with chocolate gelato. My wife and sister swore by the mango and lychee flavors. My brother-in-law fell in love with their strawberry cheesecake. Point being, everything was fantastic. Dan, and his wife, are as charming as ever and we will miss them and their potent treats.

• Visited March 2014
Orange County, CA
“Best Ice Cream on the Island or Anywhere!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is the best Ice cream I have ever had. It is a bran new facility and the owner was working it. Rumor has it Oprah Winfrey orders her Ice cream from this Chain and has it sent to Chicago. One taste and you will know why!!! It doesn't get any better than this! They need to invent a new word for this Ice Cream because it is truly a dream!

Visited March 2014